08

-

-

You do know he's engaged, right?

-

DIY walked backstage, their newly-won NXT Tag Team Championships resting on their shoulders. Jordan walked behind Johnny and Tommaso.

They were stopped by someone wanting an interview for WWE.com. Jordan stood in the background as they spoke. Typically, she'd be the one doing the talking, since she was the manager, but this was something they needed to do. She could tell just by looking at them how much this win meant to them. She couldn't possibly put what they were feeling into words.

There were still two more matches that night, but Candice had already made her way backstage, walking toward her fiance with a smile on her face. She wrapped her arms around Johnny's neck, and when she brought her lips to his, Jordan looked away.

"Hey, are you okay?" Tommaso asked her, softly.

She realized she must have made a face, so she smiled. "Yeah, I'm fine. I think I'm going to go change and head out. It's been a long night."

"Yeah, okay." He nodded. He could tell there was something more, but he didn't want to push it. She had had her own match, as well as coming out for theirs, so she probably was tired. He'd bring it up later, when they were back in Orlando.

He watched as she walked away, her hands on her hips as she looked down at the ground. When she turned the corner, Candice spoke up.

"Is Jordan okay?" She asked, frowning.

"Yeah, she's fine," Tommaso told her. "She's heading out."

"She's been pretty busy tonight, huh?" She said.

"We told her she didn't have to come out with us," Johnny said. "Especially after that match with Adrienne."

As Johnny and Candice continued talking, Tommaso slowly realized what it was that was bothering Jordan.

X X X

They had returned to Orlando.

Candice had left before them, as she had some bookings the next few days.

Tommaso had arrived at the Performance Center before Johnny, knowing that Jordan would be there early; she always was.

And that day wasn't any different. He watched her walk in and head toward the locker room to put up her things. When she walked out, her eyes landed on him, and she made her way over to him.

"Hey," She greeted, smiling. "What are you doing here so early?"

"Why are you here so early?" He countered.

"Are you kidding?" She asked. She spread her arms out, and looked around the room. "This place is amazing. I would live here if I could."

He smiled at that. Jordan had been wrestling almost as long as him, and he noticed that not enough people still loved the sport like her.

"So, um..." He trailed off, and she looked at him in confusion. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"What do you mean?" She asked, tilting her head.

He decided to just get to the point. "You do know he's engaged, right?"

All the color drained from her face. She crossed her arms. "I... I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, really?"

"I don't know what you mean," She said. "But if we're talking about Toronto: I was tired. I did a lot that night, and I hadn't drunk enough water. I'm fine now."

"Hey, guys."

Tommaso sighed when Jordan's eyes suddenly lit up. She turned around to watch Johnny walk over to them.

"Hey." She smiled.

X X X

They had finished for the day. Johnny had left before them, to meet Candice at the airport, as she was returning home that day.

Jordan waited by the door for Tommaso to finish gathering his things. Once she saw him, she stopped him.

"Hey, we need to talk," She told him.

"Yeah, we do."

She led him outside, and they stopped once they were far enough from the door. She leaned against the wall, crossing her arms.

"You didn't technically say anything, but you might be right," She admitted.

"What, exactly, am I right about?" He asked.

She bit her bottom lip, then said, "I might have a tiny little crush on him." When he was about to speak, she continued, "And I know he's with Candice. I love Candice. It's a really, really small crush. Like, I'm sure it will go away soon. I'm not going to tell him, and I don't plan on ever doing anything about it. So, it's okay."

"It's a small crush?" He asked.

"Yes." She nodded. "I feel the same way about Chris Pratt, except I don't actually know him. He could be a dick."

"If the crush..." He trailed off, unsure of how to word what he was thinking. "If it gets bigger, I think you should tell him."

"I don't know if I can do that," Jordan said. "But, like I said, it's really small. I'm going to be with him so much that it will go away soon. I think it's kind of, like, whoa, this guy is such a great wrestler. I'm in the presence of greatness."

"But... What about me?"

"Sorry." She shrugged. "I guess I'm not into married guys; just guys who are engaged."

When she laughed, he realized she wasn't serious, and he laughed, too.

"Anyway, I need to get home," She said, pushing herself off of the wall. "I'm almost done packing."

"Do you need any help?" He asked.

She shook her head. "No, I'm fine. It's mostly books and DVDs at this point. Thanks, though." She turned to walk away, but suddenly stopped. She looked back at Tommaso. "You're... not going to tell him, are you?"

"No, definitely not," He assured her. "I promise."

She ran a hand through her hair, sighed, and actually walked away that time.

***

Some of these chapters are super long, and then some of them aren't. This one isn't too long, but ooh, Tommaso knows about her crush.

Do you think it's a tiny little crush? Or something more? Will she ever tell him?

Let me know what you thought! :)