author's note + disclaimer

I need to explain some things before you start reading.

First of all, I love Candice LeRae and Johnny Gargano (OTP, dude), so don't take anything in this story the wrong way. I don't hate any wrestlers, so don't think that I'm against their relationship or anything.

Second, they became engaged in January, and got married in September (both in 2016). This story starts a few weeks (about a month) before NXT Takeover: Brooklyn II. For the purpose of the story, I have moved their wedding date to March 2017. I know when they actually got married, so please don't think that I made a mistake; this was intentional.

Third of all, Corey Graves never leaves NXT in this book. He's not important to the story, but any commentary will be him + Tom Phillips (because they're the best commentating team).

A certain event that is crucial to DIY's history takes place earlier in this book. (aka it hadn't happened yet, so I guessed, then it actually happened)

I want to give a shoutout to elitesqueen- who wrote (but unpublished) her own story about Johnny Gargano, and made me realize I wanted to write one of my own + -MammaMia- for the #BreakTheMold movement, which definitely inspired a few things in this book. :)

Each chapter starts with a picture and a quote. The picture is either of Johnny by himself, with Candice, or with Tommaso. The quote is from the chapter, and I got the idea to put a quote at the beginning from Dana (mentioned above), who does it in many of her stories, and from Mia (also mentioned above), who does it in her story "Too Sweet" (over on indywrestling ). I wouldn't have thought of doing it if it wasn't for them, so I wanted to give them credit for the idea.

And finally, I just really love Gargano + Ciampa. I am writing this author's note 2 days after they won the NXT Tag Team Championships and I am STILL SO HAPPY OMG :)

(I have returned after NXT Takeover: San Antonio, where they lost the titles, to tell you that I am sad.)

(I have returned again, after NXT Takeover: Chicago, to say that I am infinitely sadder than before.)

Okay, on to the disclaimer.

Disclaimer: Not only do I not own the wrestlers in this story, but I do not own the pictures that will appear at the beginning of chapters. They belong to users on Tumblr, and credit goes to them.