15; epilogue

-

-

We did it!

-

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn – 2017

"The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the NXT Women's Championship! Introducing first, from Osaka, Japan: the NXT Women's Champion, Asuka!"

The champion made her way to the ring.

"Asuka won the title at NXT Takeover: Dallas, over a year ago," Tom Phillips said. "Since her debut at NXT Takeover: Respect, she has yet to lose a match."

"Earlier this year, at Takeover: San Antonio, she faced three different women in a fatal-4-way match, and still came out victorious," Corey Graves added. "She then faced Nikki Cross a few weeks after, and she faced Ember Moon at Takeover: Orlando. She is still undefeated."

"And her opponent, from Boston, Massachusetts: Jordan Lee!"

She had gotten new music earlier in the year, that CFO$ made specifically for her. As she walked out, the crowd cheered. After taking a deep breath, she smiled and made her way to the ring.

"Jordan made her official NXT Takeover debut last year, right here in Brooklyn," Corey said. "Tonight, she's looking to beat Asuka for the title and become the new face of the NXT women's division."

"She made her Takeover debut as the new manager for DIY," Tom explained. "And while they didn't win the titles that night, she watched as they did win them in Toronto in the match of the year, as voted by the NXT Universe."

"DIY lost their titles in San Antonio to the Authors of Pain, and after failing to capture them in a rematch in Orlando that included The Revival, they broke up."

"They didn't just 'break up', Corey," Tom corrected. "Tommaso Ciampa attacked Johnny Gargano after the match, turning on him, and Jordan refused to pick sides."

"Those are just details, Phillips."

Jordan hopped over the top rope, landing on her feet in the ring. She turned around to look at Asuka, who was staring at her. She handed the championship to the ref, never taking her eyes off Jordan.

The bell rang, and Jordan instantly ran forward and clotheslined Asuka. The champion was taken by surprise, and unable to counter, fell to the mat.

"Let's do this!" Jordan yelled, and the crowd cheered.

Asuka stood back up, and Jordan clotheslined her again. She didn't stay down for nearly as long this time, standing right back up. She got in Jordan's face, and the two glared at each other.

"After finding out that Jordan was the number one contender to her title, Asuka made some... interesting remarks," Corey explained.

"She basically said that if Jordan couldn't keep a tag team together, how would she be able to hold the title long enough for it to mean anything?" Tom elaborated.