My Relaxation

I don't feel the effects of the tea just yet. I wasn't growing tired so I decided to walk around the place, looking for somewhere to go.

But every time we go to some place we're used to, we were always disappointed because it doesn't feel special at all. The same fancy lights, the same fancy tables, the famous people we bump into on the way, it doesn't feel like a relaxing hang out. It was more like "Stress Part 2".

After passing by the last mall we're used to, we looked up the sky. It's already dusk.

"Ah. It's already this late. Asano--" I was too shocked to continue what I was saying. Asano was dozing off and getting cold. He wraps his arms around himself to warm up. I have never seen Asano this vulnerable.

 I have never seen Asano this vulnerable

"Asano..." I trailed off. In which he heard. He glanced at me, but immediately turned away afterwards.

"Are you cold?" I giggled.

Asano took a quick glance at me then continued to stare at the moon. "No, I'm just lonely!" He sarcastically answered.

My lips curled into a wide, sneaky smirk that reached my ears. I then stealthily grabbed hold of his arm. He jolted in surprise, but I kept smiling like it's none of his business.

"Are you still lonely now?" I tilted my head while still smiling ever so brightly.

"You idiot. Go home." He scolded me off.

My smirk did not go away. Instead, I hugged his arm tighter and acted vulnerable. "But it's already night. I can't go home alone at this hour!" I whined with my great acting skills. Though I know he can easily see through it.

"You were not against this before." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Well, now, I am! Any problems with that?" I looked at him straight in the eye and pouted as cute as I can.

"Tch. You're annoying." He clicked his tongue and tried to avoid my gaze.

"I'm tired." He suddenly jolted when I commented about being tired. I got scared for a moment. I felt chills run down my spine as I saw his cold, dark, piercing eyes like he wanted to hit me or something.

"I'm going to call my driver and tell him to pick us up quickly." Asano took out his phone and is already dialing the specific number even before my eyes can catch up.

"Yeah. Pick us up quickly. Okay. Thanks." He then hangs up and looked at me.

I took a step back, finally letting go of his arm. I got too scared of his face, particularly his eyes.

"Why did you step away?"

"Oh, did I? You must be mistaken." I turned away and looked at the sky, laughing dryly with hands on the back of my head. It was useless lying to him, but it was worth a chance.

"Are you scared?" It was a direct hit bullseye, but it was not enough to let my guard down.

"Why would I be scared of the likes of you?" I turned to him. As soon as I did, he already dashed to me. He already has his hands wrapped around my waist, and the other holding my arm. His face is as close as it can get, like his lips are just hovering over mine. One more move and it will touch.

I can't step away since he tightly wrapped his arms around me. Even if I did get away from his grip around my waist, I still have to deal with the other tightly grabbing my arm.

"I felt your heart drop." He smirked. I felt my heart drop too. I wanted to say. But I can't get myself to speak up, no matter the words are.

I'm afraid that if I open up my mouth, I will get attacked head-on. I didn't want that. I don't want that...

"Don't." I was able to voice out. Asano looked at me with a puzzled face. I got embarrassed, so I tried very hard to cover my face.

"Don't." He imitated my voice, gently moving my arms away from the side. "You're cute when you blush." He whispered. His voice is deep and low, and quiet and mellow, and... his voice is attractive, like an ASMR. It's hypnotizing.

His face gets closer and closer. I was frozen still. My body isn't moving to where I want to...

*BEEP BEEEEEEPPPP*

We heard a loud horn that woke us both up to reality. Asano was really quick to let go of me. And I took several steps back as soon as he lets go.

"Let's go." Asano nodded at me as he goes inside the limo.

Why am I here again? Oh, right. I needed a free lift so I told him to take me home.

What's this? Why do I feel so dizzy? My head is spinning around. No, the whole world is. I can feel the rotation in my head. Argh. It hurts.

Just a bit more...

I opened the door and quickly went inside, pouncing on the seat face down. I wasn't able to close the door that time because I immediately fell asleep. This is the effect of a Chamomile tea plus the fact that we had travelled far and wide that took most of our energy.

"Rika?" I heard a female voice. Is it my mother?

I soon wake up. I glanced at the window next to my bed. The view is still amazing. It was dawn.

My mother is in front of me, with eyes piercing through me. Did I get home late? Is she mad because I was late?

"Ma--"

She slapped me before I even called out to her. It was not a simple slap, it was a hard one. I felt my cheek bruise. Tears streamed down my face. I was crying without a sound. Crying with only tears and nothing else. I was crying because of the immense pain that my mother gave me. It had beat all the other times my mother hurt me. Often, she would use a stick to beat me up to force me to study. But now, I can really feel the strength of her hand.

"WHY HAVE YOU BETRAYED ME, YOU BITCH?!! WHY DID YOU AGREE ON GOING WITH GAKUSHUU??!!"

I got confused. What exactly is she complaining about? I was relaxed yesterday... and I'm extremely confused as to why my mother is angry at me now. What exactly did I do to deserve her heavy hand slapping my face and making me cry silently?