My Date

"Well, you had good grades so far." Asano commented as he scans through my test paper.

I am very confident! I knew I'm going to get good grades with or without the top 1's help!

"So, where do you want to go?"

"Eh?" I blankly stared at Asano. He then put up a 'don't tell me you didn't remember' face. But I gave up. I don't want to lie, since I know I will get found out soon.

"I thought you wanted me to go on a date with you?" Asano raised a brow and sighed while wearing a downer face. "I told you I'm going to hang out with you once you get good grades for the upcoming exams. I knew you were able to do that since I'm the one who's tutoring you. I even cancelled all afternoon activities and duties because I was expecting it. Are you really going to ignore all the efforts I did?"

He's really full of himself, isn't he?

But nevertheless, I wasn't even ready. Even if I knew I'm going to get good grades, I haven't even thought that Asano will hang out with me. Or wait, I actually forgot about it.

"Uhh well... I don't even know where to start..." I meekly (but honestly) admitted.

Asano jolted in surprise. His eyes went wide and I thought he would hit me or yell at me for not giving our hang out much thought as he did. Instead, he just stared right into my eyes and asked, "Were you really the one who asked me out?"

I quickly turned away and burst into laughter. I think it was a joke. Even if he didn't mean it, it was still funny.

"I'm sorry! I really am!" I bowed and apologized over and over again.

"Shut up." He was quick to stop me before bowing one last time. "Don't worry, if you have no plans, I'll do it myself because I wouldn't want my free time to go to waste."

"I really am--"

"I said 'shut up.'" He interrupted. "Just tell me what kind of things you want, and I'll list the most recommended shops." He is always ready, taking out his notepad and pen.

"C-coffee..." It suddenly and naturally slipped off my mouth.

"Coffee... Starbucks, right?" He immediately listed Starbucks in his notepad.

"Just simple snacks would be okay. Like donuts and ice cream." I listed the things I want to eat at that moment on top of my head.

"Ok, so you have a sweet tooth. Since our date is in the afternoon, I'll take you to famous and most recommended sweets shops." He looks like he's satisfied and has accomplished his work. He nodded at me while wearing a very weak smile. "I'll see you."

I nodded too, and brightly smiled before leaving his sight.

"Were you waiting for long?" I asked, running towards him.

"2 mins late." He replied, checking his fancy wristwatch.

I don't get it. If Mr. Asano (his father) isn't helping me because of money (because they're already filthy rich), I wonder why?

I wanted to ask him, but then I remembered the main reason why I wanted to hang out with him in the first place. I don't want him to worry, I don't want him to think about anything else but just happy thoughts. I wonder if tea would work with someone like him.

"Let's go to a tea shop." I suggested, grabbing his arm forcefully.

He was quick to turn it around to release my grip. "I thought you wanted coffee."

"I'm craving tea, now let's go!" I insisted, tugging his arm again.

"You're just so unreasonable, aren't you?" He sighed, giving in in defeat.

...

When we reached a tea shop, I ordered two cups of the same tea-- Chamomile tea.

"Chamomile? Isn't that the tea that lets you sleep? If you're tired, just tell me, you know. It's better than hanging out with me while you're tired." Asano comments, getting through the menu.

"I'm not tired. Even if I am, I would never try to ditch you. You cancelled all your plans today, right? It would be a waste if you work much harder than usual when you return the schedule." I calmly said.

"Then, why did you order Chamomile tea?"

"It's for relaxation. You need to relax." I immediately replied.

"But I'm completely relaxed when I'm with you. Haven't you noticed?" He plainly stated.

"Ah. Is that so?" I got guilty. I was too carried away by the thought that Asano would need Chamomile tea, but then I realized that he doesn't since he's only spending time with me now, not work.

"What's wrong? You're completely frozen still." Asano leaned towards me. Feeling embarrassed, I slapped his hand away before it got any closer. He stares at me with wide eyes in shock. He didn't put much of a fight, probably because I didn't either.

"Sorry. I guess I really need Chamomile tea."

Asano just frowns. I don't know what he's thinking, but I know it's not something good.

...

We waited for our order. When it arrived, Asano calmly drinks his. I was happy that he isn't complaining, but I have a feeling that I am, even if I am not saying anything.

"I see you aren't enjoying your order." Asano smirked as if he got the upper hand. I was completely overpowered. A feeling that I hate...

"To be honest..." I started, staring at his eyes solemnly. "I don't drink tea." I bluntly said and shrugged. I'm just being reckless and carefree~

"I'm not going to drink your cup." Asano was quick to make decisions. Haha.

"I wasn't going to ask you to. I'll just drink it like water. I was originally going to order for yours only and not mine, but it will be rude. I just think that it's rude... So, don't worry about a thing and just feel the tea's effects on you, okay?" I tilt my head and smiled brightly, hoping that he would get the message.

He did, perhaps... since he just stayed silent, turning away while his face glowed pink.