My Tutor

"Stand. Bow."

We were dismissed. Thank God! I heaved a sigh of relief as I take my things. I rushed to the exit with the feeling of freedom. The teachers here are really strict and straightforward. They are like demons. And exiting this very school is like we're being bailed out of prison.

"Hold up." I felt a sharp tug on my collar. It almost strangled me if I struggled further. Doesn't this person at least know how not to strangle an innocent little girl? "Where do you think you're going?" He glared. Now, great, he hasn't only strangled me, but threatened me too!

"Getting something to drink." I innocently (but blankly) answered. I have no intention to continue playing along his antics. I wish this trick would work.

"Nice try, Lady. You're not going anywhere as long as I'm your tutor." Asano's eyes are scary. He's taking this job seriously.

"If you want money, I'll give you the money. Leave me alone and never come back." I began mentally counting my savings.

I don't care if he takes his job seriously or not. In the end, he's just doing this for money. Such people believe that money can solve everything. How stupid.

"I don't care about any money." He bluntly refused. So he's like some guys trying to act humble and tough. Don't worry, I can easily break your facade.

"Is¥10 million okay?" ¥10M is just a fraction of my savings anyway. Usually, ¥10M is something one tutor couldn't possibly ignore. Moreover, this guy here is a high school guy who probably just does his job for the sake of money.

He sharply glared at me that made me jolt a little bit. "I said I don't care! Now, sit down and BEHAVE this instant!" His eyes... Those purple eyes that looks like a pair of black holes are really scary. His serious, cold, dead eyes that make just anyone shiver in fear.

Nevertheless, "Intimidating." I scoffed. Even though he acts so high and mighty, I still don't want to play along with his stupid game!

"Suit yourself. Just stand there looking like an idiot. If someone walks by, I will pretend that I do not know you." He turned away, walking towards an empty seat near the window.

What does he mean by that?! This guy--

"Anger won't solve anything. Either you are leaving and fail all your grades once again, or stay and we'll have a nice little friendly chat." He smiled like an angel.

Yeah, right. Like this monster demon has a real angel smile. I would tear that mouth of his right now if it weren't for murder being illegal.

"I'm leaving." I turned my back on him and non-hesitantly dashed towards the door.

"Oh no, you won't." He tugged my collar again, which actually strangled me for a second.

I hacked and coughed first before facing him head-on. "You didn't actually give me much of a choice, did you?!"

"Nope." He looked like he was having fun teasing me first before actually going on with the session.

He dragged me to the seat across his and slammed a heavy, thick textbook right in front of me. He sat down on his seat and began reading a different heavy thick textbook.

I glanced at him, then the textbook. This is such a weird tutor session.

"Don't tell me... You actually don't know how to tutor?" I insensitively asked, but it was purely out of curiosity.

"You're too noisy. Just read the textbook that I gave you and be quiet until I say something."

Jerk. Still having such a cool aura around him even if classes are over, huh?

I looked at the textbook again. I then turned to the preface. "Hey, why aren't the ones who are on duty with cleaning here yet?"

"I told you to be quiet until I say something."

"The tutors usually answer their students' questions, you know." I calmly explained, still keeping my eyes glued to the single page.

He got silent. Did I get him?

"Did you say anything to them? Like, 'leave the classroom immediately. I still need to do something.' And they actually followed you like you're a king or something?" I continued ranting about, hoping he would go along the conversation.

"Not really. Limit yourself to 3 questions. A tutor can do at least that much, right?" Asano's eyes never wandered away. He's still focused and attentive, as always.

Seeing his serious bright purple eyes focusing on the thin papers that he's flipping through, I flipped the book to the first page after the preface. Lesson 1...

The font is as small as an ant's size. It is also divided into two columns. Merely squinting isn't going to help me. I need to put the book so close to my face.

"Don't eat the book."

"I can't see!" I complained, putting the book down in annoyance.

Asano quietly handed me a magnifying glass.

I blankly stared at him. "Are you having fun teasing me?"

"Maybe."

There was silence afterwards. If I can't put the book near my face, I'm just going to put my face near the book. Either way, Asano gives me the same disappointed look. Like I give a damn about how he looks at me.

There was only silence. I eventually got bored so I tried to look around. My eyes automatically gazed at Asano, who's in front of me.

His eyes show intensity. He is really focused. He has no control over his surroundings. So even if I move around, he won't notice?

I raised my hand. Unexpectedly, he noticed.

"Do you have another question?" He asks with the same gaze he had to the book.

I meekly shook my head, still shocked as to why he noticed even though he is heavily focused on the book.

"Don't waste my time."

Again... Silence...

Unlike the usual days where Mother would lock me in my room and force me to study in a dead silent room, this is more relaxing...

Because even though I don't really like him, I still feel his presence. And that much is all I need. That much is enough to motivate me.

That's right. All I wanted was company...

I began to flip through the pages, not afraid of what will happen if I don't pay attention to my surroundings anymore. After all, Asano would surely react first. He's close to me so within that range, I'll react as soon as he reacts too. Like a chain reaction.

Keeping those thoughts in mind, I focused on what I'm reading.