My First Lesson

Even though that was what I had in mind...

It turned dark before I could notice. It's already 6:30 pm. If I don't go soon, I might get scolded by Mother again. If that is so, I guess I could say that Asano didn't dismiss me soon. Plus, I only got 10 pages in.

"Asano." I called out. He merely turned his eyes to me. "Can I go now? It's already nighttime. I need to go." I said, looking out the window.

Asano, without so much as gaze at me, shut the book loudly that made me startle. He stood up and fixed the chair, took his bag, and exit without saying anything.

I sighed exasperatedly, taking that answer as a yes. I took my things + the textbook, packed it in my bag, and headed to the door. I want to go as soon as possible, but I was too focused in my textbook that I lost track of time. Asano did not even dismiss me too.

As soon as I took a step out of the classroom, Asano was just there, leaning on the wall just beside the door. I jumped and screamed in fear while he stayed still.

"You're too loud." He says, crossing his arms in a way that he looks superior. His expression is cold as usual.

"I thought you left already." I said, examining his appearance to double-check if he was a ghost or not.

He isn't holding his bag.

I wore a horrified expression that I think was pretty obvious, especially in his eyes.

"Don't assume." He said in an exasperated manner. "I haven't said goodbye yet. I know basic manners at least." On second thought, he might not be a ghost anyway. "I'm taking you home. Leaving an unsupervised little girl like you is dangerous."

"What the-- I'm the same age as you!" I protested.

"AHO! That's why I'm taking you home!" He insisted, pulling me by the arm. What does he mean by that? I thought I can handle myself because I'm the same age as him!

"You're just my tutor. You don't need to go that far for me!" I twisted my arm in a way that he will naturally ler go of me.

"That's why I already left you alone! My stupid old man called me and told me to take you home." His grip strengthened when he explained.

"You could've just said no."

"Are you kidding me?! He'll kill me for sure!" He turned to me. His cold, dead eyes that are usually scary turned worried and anxious in a second. It was a new rare sight for me.

"A-anyway," he turned away (probably from embarrassment). "You reached page 10, right? I'll ask you some questions within those pages tomorrow."

Speechless. That's what I  right now...

My first lesson for the day: I shouldn't probably ask too many questions about his role in my life.

-----

A/N: This is a bit short from my other chapters.