14) The One Where There's The Start of Something New

Beca and Chloe's bodies inched towards each other. One of  Chloe's hands slipped onto Beca's thigh. Beca moved her own hand silently towards it, causing their fingers to brush against each other. Chloe's other hand stayed against Beca's face, Beca's hair weaving its way between each tip as they tickled against Beca's cheek.

Slowly and gently, Beca felt Chloe begin to lean further in, their faces millimetres apart. Beca's breath caught in her throat and she found she wasn't breathing. Her mouth opened slightly, desperate to inhale air, to clear her increasingly foggy head.

Before she had the chance, a pair of soft lips caught Beca's own. They moved gently, questioningly; clearly trying to work out whether this was okay.

For a moment Beca froze, her own lips hard and unmoving. But all at once, they buzzed into life, latching onto Chloe's. She found herself almost unwillingly kissing back, but completely unable to stop. She needed more. And she needed it forever.

Chloe's lips smiled into the kiss, her body relaxing with relief at Beca's reciprocation. She locked her fingers with Beca's on the hand that was still on Beca's thigh, using it to push herself up and closer towards the girl. She then slipped her other hand to the back of Beca's neck, underneath her hair, cupping it gently.

Beca raised her free hand, that had previously been stiff by her side, so that it was in the small gap between their two bodies. Her fingers reached out like they wanted to touch Chloe, but she was obviously afraid. Chloe sensed this and lent her chest into it. The movement caused Beca to grasp the top of Chloe's t-shirt, holding Chloe close to her.

Gently Chloe bit Beca's lip, only applying a little pressure. Beca smirked against Chloe's mouth, tilting her head to allow Chloe to do it more. At this she felt Chloe hold Beca tighter to her, finally closing the gap between their bodies. Both felt the sparks as they completely connected. Their bodies tangled together, making it hard to tell where one girl ended and the other began.

They stayed like that for several minutes, neither wanting the moment to end. Both were afraid speak, worried that it would ruin everything. Stopping would give them the chance to think about what they were doing - something Beca especially didn't want to happen.

However, eventually the moment had to end. Beca stopped kissing Chloe back, tilting her head down so their foreheads and noses were touching but their lips were not. For a second Chloe tried to regain Beca's lips, but common sense quickly caught up with her and she stayed content with the level of closeness they had instead.

Both their bodies panted for breath, their shoulders rising and falling in sync. Their eyes found one another and locked together, causing the corners of both their lips to be tugged up in a smile.

Their hands stayed together on Beca's lap, Chloe giving Beca's a reassuring squeeze. She knew how hard it must have been for the girl. It was never easy for Beca to get close to people.

Chloe's other hand slipped back around Beca's face, cupping Beca's cheek and rubbing it with her thumb. Beca let herself lean against the smooth palm, smiling even more. Her own hand stayed clasped around Chloe's top, as sign that she wasn't ready for Chloe to move away just yet.

"I've wanted to do that for forever," Chloe breathed. Beca felt herself start to stiffen again, causing Chloe to search her eyes worriedly.

"Really?" Beca choked back, feeling confused. Chloe nodded, smiling and still rubbing Beca's cheek.

"Mm-hm," she whispered. Beca let herself smile again, forcing herself to appear relaxed. "Have you?"

"Have I what?" Beca asked, frowning.

"Have you... wanted this?" Chloe whispered nervously, breaking their eye contact. Her cheeks flushed pink and she let her hand start to drop away from Beca's face.

Beca caught it in one swift movement, holding it back where it was. Chloe's eyes snapped back up. She was hoping to see reassurance in Beca's eyes, but instead she was greeted by concern. Beca quickly realised this and tried her best to recover.

"I don't know, Chlo," she spluttered.

Chloe felt like she was about to cry. She strained to get away from Beca, immediately feeling like she had made some terrible mistake. Beca noticed Chloe's distress and clutched onto her tightly.

"No, I didn't mean it like that!" She cried desperately.

"Then what did you mean, Beca?" Chloe snapped, her eyes welling up. "This is hard for me too, you know."

"I know," Beca whispered guiltily. "It's just that... God, you make me so confused."

"What do you mean?" Chloe demanded, frowning.

"I mean, I'm- I'm straight, Chloe! I shouldn't- I mean, I can't-" Beca rambled, her heartbeat increasing as her anxiety skyrocketed.

Suddenly she felt Chloe lurch forwards and trap her lips in another kiss. This time it was determined right from the start, dominating Beca. Beca was too taken aback to reciprocate, simply letting Chloe take complete control.

The kiss only lasted a second before Chloe pulled back, a smile back on her glowing face. Beca stared at her in complete confusion, her mouth still slightly open from the kiss. Chloe brushed Beca's hair that she had messed up out of her face, twiddling it between her thumb and forefinger.

"It's okay," she soothed in reply to Beca's previous statement, smiling as she looked into Beca's even more confused eyes. "You're allowed to be confused about that. Everybody is."

"You're not mad?" Beca asked worriedly. Chloe laughed, rubbing Beca's hand with hers and squeezing it. She beamed at the beautiful girl in front of her.

"No, honey," she promised. "I thought you meant... I thought you meant you were confused about wanting to be with me. I thought I was just some girl to you. For a second..." Beca's mouth dropped open in realisation.

"No!" She exclaimed, pulling Chloe towards her and gripping the girls hand tighter. "You'll never be just some girl to me, Chloe. It's just that all these feelings... They're new to me. And they're confusing. And they're wrong. At least for me..."

Chloe smiled comfortingly at Beca, stroking her hair. She shook her head softly, looking Beca hard in the eye. Beca looked away and back again uncomfortably, but Chloe didn't waver even for a second.

"No, Becs. They're new. They're confusing. But they are certainly not wrong. Even for you." Chloe told her firmly.

"Really?" Beca whispered softly. Chloe beamed at Beca. She lent forwards and gave her a swift peck on the lips before pulling back.

"They're wonderful."