Chapter 11: A blast from the past

RECAP:

"Goodnight, Victoria." He whispered, half-heartedly. And that was the last thing I heard before I was met with a dreamless sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria's POV:

The next day...

I woke up to find that I was straddling Marcus's body, with my pillow barrier to be no where in sight. I don't know how we got into this position or which one of us breached my formidable pillow barrier, but I didn't really mind either. However, I didn't want him to think that I crossed my own boundaries because it was me who was the one on top of him. I decided to slowly lift my body up so that I wasn't using his chest as a human pillow and could subtly roll off the bed. Yet as soon as my chest was no longer in contact with his , he instantly wrapped his arm around my waist, keeping me firmly in place, with my body pressed up against his. My eyes immediately shot up to his face, to see that his eyes were still closed, and his lips were tugged into an amused grin. I felt his body lightly vibrate from a soft chuckle which was music to my ears.

"You just couldn't help yourself, could you?" Marcus' voice was laced with sleep.

"How are you so sure that it was you, who couldn't help yourself?" I replied.

"Your the one who is on top of me. Where were you going?"

"That's none of your concern. Now, what did you do to my pillow barrier?" I asked. He opened is eyes and looked around until they landed on the view on floor near his side of the bed. I followed his gaze to see that the extra pillows were sprawled across the floor. He turned his attention back to me and smirked.

"Despite your efforts to defy your attraction, I guess I was just too irresistible. You didn't have to throw your beloved pillows onto the floor to get to me, 'cause I would've happily obliged." His lips pulled into a smug grin that I wanted wipe off of that arrogant face of his. It's surprising how confident he's become lately. Maybe this is personality gradually coming out as his mind recovering or something. Then an idea hit me! A seductive smile crept its way onto my face as I placed my right hand on the side of his cheek and slowing brought my face closer to his until out lips were almost touching. The smug grin was gone and his eyes widened in surprised as I felt his breathing becoming heavier. I looked deeply into his forest green eyes getting lost in it's inhuman nature.

"You definitely are a sight for sore eyes," I looked at his lips then made eye contact again, "but your not irresistible." I whispered, my lips scraping his as I lightly grinded my pelvis against his, causing him to let out the sexist groan I've ever heard. I brought my lips to the soft part of his ear and gave it a tender kiss, which made him try to suppress another groan. My smile widen at the desired reaction I was getting, then I swiftly jumped off of him and slid off the bed. He growled in frustration and I was struggling to hold back my laughter.

"Aaaaaar...I knew you were a tease." He complained, disappointment layered in his voice. Still think your irresistible Mr-I'm-so-full-of-myself?

---------------------------------------------------------

After breakfast...

Marcus and I were sitting on the sofa watching TV, while Alexis was raiding the kitchen. While Marcus was in the shower, me and Alexis had some girl talk. I admitted that I was jealous about her kissing Marcus and why I didn't stick to the sleeping arrangements before. Now she has it in her head that I have feelings for Marcus, yet I highly doubt it. Alexis jogged back to the sofa with a bag of Sensations in her hands. She plopped onto the sofa next to me with a wide smile on her face. Food would make this girl smile at a funeral.