Chapter 6: Stalker

RECAP:

Ten minutes later, when I was finally about to fall asleep, I heard a gentle ping from the coffee table, which announced an incoming message. I forgot that I left my phone there. I hopped out of bed and walked to the coffee table feeling my way through the dark. When I finally got to the coffee table I felt for my phone then picked it up and searched my inbox. How odd, It was from a number that wasn't saved in to my phone. I clicked on the message and was horrified at the words on the screen of my phone. My hands started shaking as I read the contents of the message over and over again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In capital letters the message read:

'YOU CAN'T GET RID OF ME THAT EASILY VICKY. REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD AND I'VE HAD PLENTY OF TIME IN THAT PRISON CELL TO PREMEDITATE IT. YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK BECAUSE WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT, I WILL MAKE MY MOVE. I WILL FIND YOU. AND YOU WILL BE MINE AGAIN.

SHOW THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE AND THAT BIG BROTHER OF YOURS WILL LIVE NO MORE.'

I was finding it hard to breathe as I read the message one last time, to confirm that my eyes were not deceiving me. There was only one person who would ever call me Vicky, and that's Michael Gory, my ex boyfriend. He was my boyfriend back at school of two and a half years:

---------

Michael was in a gang, I was the school trouble maker, and I thought he was the love of my life. . That was until he cheated on me. It didn't really hurt much, I just felt betrayed. I realised that I was only infatuated with him, and was drawn to this mysterious, dangerous vibe that radiated around him. It wasn't true love. I tried to break up with him, however, he refused to allow our relationship to end but I was adamant and stood firm. He was well known in my school for his bad temper yet he never lost it until that day when I broke up with him. He slammed me against a wall and strangled me until I agreed to stay with him. The next day, I broke up with him in public so that he wouldn't hurt me again and he didn't take that very well either. Day by day, he would threatened me but I made sure I was never alone, thinking that I was safe as long as I was with a lot of people, unfortunately; I wasn't. I went to the shop to get some milk one day, and he arranged for some people from his gang to kidnap me. It was one of the worst days of my life. Before they kidnapped me I used the last ten seconds I had to call my foster brother, press loud speaker, and slip my phone into my pocket. I was grabbed and dragged into a black car then taken to Michael's house. He tied me to a chair and tried to convince me to get back together yet still, I didn't comply. I had too much self respect to allow myself to be forced back into a relationship with a temperamental psycho, and Michael finally realised that too. He just snapped--I remember exactly what he said before he pressed a blade to my neck:"If I can't have you, then nobody can!!" Before he could pierce the knife through my skin, the door burst open and in came my foster brother with the police following suit. I pressed charges and Michael was sentenced to six years in prison. I told the police that I didn't know who the other people involved were, because they only done it because Michael forced them to. They were my childhood friends; Connor, Jason, Alan and Ryan. I made a deal with them: no longer be part of a gang, or join Michael in jail. You can tell which option they chose. Due to the whole kidnapping thing, and putting me through such traumatising events, our friendship was never the same. They owed me big time and today they'd made it up to me, considering the thousands of pounds they spent on the high end clothing, gadgets and accessories they provided for Marcus. Our friendship still will never be the same, but I appreciated it.

-------

Michael must of recently got out of jail and is now out for revenge, and worse; he's using my foster brother, Arthur, to threaten me in to keeping quiet about his plans to get me. How did he get my number? If it was so easy for him to get my contact details, then imagine how easy it would be for him to find out where I live! I'm not even sure if he knows where Arthur lives, because I don't even know where Author lives. You'd think I would keep in contact with my foster brother, yet I'd pretty much cut off everyone from my childhood to have a fresh start, but I guess my past had come back to haunt me. I really can't take this amount of stress right now. I've got way too much on my plate. The whole car accident situation and....Oh no, if I'm in danger then that means that Marcus is in danger too! What am I going to do?

I threw my phone back onto the coffee table and ran to the bedroom. I burst through the door and scrambled into the room, only trip over my two feet, landing face first. Marcus instantly woke up and was at my side in a matter of seconds. He helped me up and pulled me into a hug. Warm tears stained my face at the thought of him getting hurt because of me. I already hit the guy with my car, put him in the coma and gave him amnesia. He's not safe here anymore. Goodness, how can my life turn upside down so drastically.

"What's wrong Victoria? Why are you crying? Did you have another nightmare?" Marcus questioned, his voice drenched with concern. I pulled out of his warm embrace.

"I...I..." I stuttered, uncertain as to whether or not I should tell him about the text message. He must of read my expression because his face hardened and was overcome with seriousness.

"It's OK Victoria you can tell me anything. You gave your word that you will never lie to me again. Come and sit down." He spoke softly as he led me to the double bed and sat me down with him.

"Marcus, you can't stay here anymore--"

"Why? I thought you liked me staying here." His tone was full of disbelief and hurt.

"I do! It's just that it's not safe to be here anymore. "

"What you do you mean? Why isn't it safe?" Marcus asked, his eyebrows furrowed into confusion.

"Well...the reason why I ran in here was because..."

------

I told him about the text message and the situation with Michael Gory. "...And that's why it's not safe to be here. If anything happens to you, then I don't think I could live with myself. Michael is a REALLY dangerous person and he will stop at nothing to get what he wants, disposing of anyone who gets in his way. He was my boyfriend of two and a half years and I don't even know what he is fully capable of." Marcus's eyes were full of outrage and held such intensity that I had to look away. He gently gripped my chin and tilted it upwards so that I was forced to look at him, however, I closed my eyes.

"Victoria look at me." I hesitantly opened my eyes. "Even if I agreed to live somewhere else, there would be no one here to protect you and you obviously don't want the police involved. I definitely will not leave because I want to stay here with you and protect you at any cost. How dare he threaten you?! I will not leave you alone to fend for yourself. I know it's only been about two days now since I've been living with you, yet I feel compelled to protect you. As sick and twisted as this Michael Gory guy sounds like, he's not going to scare me away." He wiped away the remaining tears from my cheeks and gave me a reassuring smile.

"I...I...Thank you, that means a lot to me. I still feel wary concerning your well being, but we will talk about it another time, right now, I'm too tired to stress myself any further." I yawned and gently rubbed my eyes which were starting to feel heavy with impending sleep. Marcus also yawned in response, and nodded with understanding. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me down onto the bed with him. I didn't mind at all, in fact, his touch gave me electrifying tingles, and butterflies in my stomach, even though he wasn't even touching my skin. He pulled over the covers and tightened his hold on me, spooning me from behind.

"You might as well give Alexis back her inflatable bed back, because some how, you always end up in the same bed with me." Marcus whispered, lighting chuckling, his chest vibrating against my back. I grunted in response and welcomed a peaceful slumber.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER IS A LITTLE SHORTER THAN USUAL AND I DIDN'T UPDATE WHEN I SAID I WOULD, BUT I HAD INTERNET PROBLEMS AND IT'S MUCH HARDER TO UPDATE NOW THAT SCHOOL IS BACK ON. I WILL UPDATE AGAIN AS SOON AS I CAN. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR VIEWS AND VOTES. PLZ COMMENT AND FAN. I NEED SOME FEEDBACK ON HOW YOU THINK THE BOOK IS GOING. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHO SHOULD CAST VICTORIA'S FOSTER BROTHER , AUTHOR?

THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT BEEN PROOF READ

PICTURE OF MICHAEL GORY AT THE SIDE--------------------->

*UPDATE BY SATURDAY*