Chapter 3: "Too close for comfort"

RECAP:

Marcus replied, "Uh...ok. That is very kind of you. Uuuh I'm a bit tired...I think I will get some rest, for our big day tomorrow. Sooo...were will I be sleeping? He said awkwardly.

Oh snap! I never thought of that. I only have one bed! It may be a double bed, but it would be inappropriate not to mention VERY awkward to be sleeping in the same bed as a man I recently met who has been diagnosed with retrograde amnesia!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria's POV:

Marcus was looking at me expectantly for a solution regarding the sleeping arrangements. It was 9:00pm and I was getting a little tired myself, drained emotionally from the stress of the recent events. I wracked my brain for an answer...then it hit me! I'll go next door and ask Alexis if I can borrow her inflatable bed (or blow up bed). I always use it when I would sleep over because she only had a single bed and her small sofa was out of the question.

"You can sleep in my bed." He opened his mouth to protest but I gave him a stern look, "you're the guest and you're sleeping in my room, no arguments. Don't worry about me, I'm going next door to ask one of my neighbours for their inflatable bed. I'll be back in a few," I said, whilst walking to the door. "Make yourself comfortable" I winked at him, opened the front door and left my flat, leaving him with a dumbfounded expression. I walked down the hall and knocked on Alexis's door. Even though she gave me her spare key, I thought it would be polite to knock. Last time I barged into her flat, at this time of the night, I walked in on a heated make out session. I do not want a repeat of what happened last time, so I'm taking the safe option. It only took five seconds for Alexis to fling open the door, pull me into her flat, close the door behind me and embrace me into one of her motherly hugs.

"Victoria!!" she exclaimed.

"I can't breath!" My scream was muffled against her shoulder. She immediately let go and smiled sheepishly. Alexis' flat had the same layout as mine but she had leather sofas and a black coffee table, a MASSIVE flat screen TV in the middle of her living room and loads of pictures littered the walls of her home. She looked at me with soft brown eyes that where full of life and excitement. The roots of her hair, were dark brown which slightly blended into a caramel brown which flowed down to the upper region of her back, with golden highlights. Her eye brows were plucked to perfection, and her juicy, flawless skin had a glowing bronzed complexion. She wore light make up and her lips had a red coating of lipstick. I was always envious of her beautiful skin; no spots, no blemishes just utter perfection. All I had was plain straight black hair, and sky blue eyes. Nothing special. 

"OMG! What happened?! Is the guy you ran over OK? How long has it been...a week sense he woke up? Are you going to jail? OMG you can't-" I put my hand over her mouth to shut her up. I rolled my eyes at how much of a drama queen she was being.

"No Alexis, I'm not going to jail." I replied, as I cautiously removed my hand from her mouth. I explained everything that happened today in great detail; from the hospital to the predicament over the sleeping arrangements.

"Wow. This is all so unreal. I told you that storms are dangerous! Your life has changed dramatically in these past three weeks! And this is a big responsibility your taking on Ms Summers; taking care of a man until he gets better," she spoke in that same motherly tone that always seemed to annoyed me.

"I know, I know. Can I burrow the inflatable bed now?" I asked impatiently.

"Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Wait a sec." She scurried away, disappearing into her bedroom and coming back with the inflatable bed and pump in her hands. She gingerly place them into my hands and looked expectantly at me, with a creepy smile. Her chocolate brown eyes sparkled with excitement.