OUT FOR BLOOD - CHAPTER 26 - Vampire Ambush

***WARNING*** IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED, PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER

YOU WERE WARNED . . .

I DON'T WANT ANY IRATE COMMENTS OR MESSAGES!

CHAPTER 26:

CATALINA'S POV:

Jaden and I are in his car, at the top level of his parking garage, surrounded by ten vampires.

Well, this sucks.

"Um, Jaden?" I ask nervously.

He is tense, his whole body wound tight. "Yes, angel?" He answers with a calm voice that contradicts is fierce facial expression.

"Remember when I asked you how many vampires you could take at one time and you said the most you'd ever tested yourself against was five young vampires?"

"Yes."

"Ever want to try your ancient vampire skills on ten at one time?" I joke.

"Not particularly," he answers, then adds, "and 300 years is not ancient, Catalina."

I ignore his annoyance. "Oh, and Jaden?"

"Yes, angel?" He finally takes his eyes off our unwelcome guests to look at me.

"Please tell me that theses aren't old vampires." Otherwise we may be more screwed than I already think we are. I've only taken on one young vampire by myself and Jaden has taken on five. One plus five equals six. Not ten.

The corner of his mouth quirks up in an almost smile, "They are young. The oldest one isn't even twenty years a vampire yet. The youngest is probably just out of the schoolroom."

Hmm, he's old enough to use the term, 'just out of the schoolroom'. I wisely keep my mouth shut on that one. Barely. There are more important things to focus on right now.

One of the vampires in front of us pounds his fist on the hood, denting it. I flip him off. Jaden rolls his eyes, then rolls down the window one inch and says, "The same is going to happen to your face."

The vampire, who is obviously the leader, smirks. "We want her." He points to me. I'm the only 'her' in the car. Was there a question as to Jaden's gender? I glance at him. He is awfully pretty . . .

I roll down my window an inch and shout out, "Everybody does!" Okay, I probably don't need to shout. They're vampires. Even baby vamps have muy excellente hearing.

Jaden uses the driver's controls to roll up my window along with his. I try to roll it down an inch again. It doesn't work. I shoot him a dirty look, "You set the child locks?"

"Not the time for this," he says in a condescending voice. Then he places a hand on my arm, as if about to restrain me. Didn't know that I needed it. "Catalina, you are staying in the car."

I slouch back against the seat, crossing my arms, "No shit, senior citizen. I didn't even bring any weapons with me. It's not like I can punch a vampire to death."

Jaden clears his throat, "Actually . . . " Instead of finishing his sentence, he reaches into the back of the car and unhooks a latch to lift up the backseat. Underneath is a vampire hunter's wet dream.

Weapons. Lots of beautiful weapons.

"All right!" I say excitedly and snatch out a crossbow and silver-pointed stakes. Setting them on my lap, I reach back again for a set of silver sais. "You didn't tell me that you had James Bond's car."

"Yeah, if James Bond plans to stake some vampires." Jaden rolls down his window a crack, "I'm coming out."

The leader guy points at Jaden, "You stay," then points at me, "Her out."