OUT FOR BLOOD - CHAPTER 18 - A Troubled Vampire

CHAPTER 18:

JADEN'S POV:

I wake up before dusk and Catalina is still asleep in my arms. I kiss her lightly on the top of her head. Last night was wonderful. I finally have my Catalina in every way possible. I want to get this revenge business over with, so that we can start our life together.

Catalina moves in my arms. She lifts her head up from my chest to look sleepily up at me, "Wow, this isn't something that I'm used to happening."

"What isn't?" I ask, while brushing back a lock of hair from her face.

"Waking up with a man. Unless you count right after my family died and I used to sleep in Noah's bed, because of my nightmares. But, that wasn't quite the same thing," she says.

I kiss her on the forehead, "Now the only bed you'll sleep in is mine."

She gives me a dirty look, "Not in any bed that you have in that apartment of sin downstairs."

I still plan on moving out of that apartment, since it upsets her to have caught me with another woman there, but I'd prefer to just move up here. I better not rush it, though. "I'll move my things into another apartment."

She looks thoughtful for a moment, opens her mouth as if to say something, then closes it. She sits up says, "So, what's on the agenda for tonight?"

I pull her back down, onto my chest, "First, I need another taste of you."

She laughs, "Didn't get your fill last night?"

"Never," I gently grab her jaw and bring her lips to mine for a kiss. "I love you."

She looks at me with so much emotion in her eyes, that I can never doubt it when she says, "I love you too, Jaden." I swear, I'll never get tired of hearing her say that. I rip the clothes off of her body and am rewarded with her cute, angry face. "Jaden! You have to stop doing that or I won't have any clothes left."

I laugh and stare down at her beautiful body. "Don't worry Kitty Cat, I'll just go online and order you some more."

She huffs, then as her anger fades, I think she realizes that she's naked, because she blushes. "Jaden . . ."

"Shh," I tell her and kiss her again. I get on top of her and between her legs. She wraps her legs around me. I kiss and suck on her breasts, then rain kisses all over her face. I thrust into her and within minutes bring her to climax. I bite into her breast and follow her a few minutes later. The previous bite from the night before has already healed. Nothing feels better or tastes better than my Catalina.

Before we can even cuddle, Catalina jumps off the bed, surprising me, "Where are you going?"

"To take a shower, before you can carry me off again," she says and runs into the bathroom.

I relax back onto the bed and can hear Catalina turn on the shower. My relaxation doesn't last for long because the worries that I have creep back up. Jonathan and Daniel should be a piece of cake to take care of. What I am worried about is the fact that Catalina will one day die. I wouldn't ever expect her to become a vampire for me, but it would solve that problem. How can I ever ask her to do that, though?

I am a rarity, myself. I've met very few other vampires like me, who have good morals and value human life. I haven't seen another like myself since I moved to the United States a century ago. Back then, communication wasn't what it is now, so we've lost touch.

When I lived in Paris, I befriended a vampire named Antoine who was much like me. He was quite a character. He always used to say that human women were too soft and warm to kill. He said that there were many better uses to put them to.