OUT FOR BLOOD - CHAPTER 11 - Vampire Thoughts

CHAPTER 11:

JADEN'S POV:

As I lay down to sleep for the day, I am happier than I've been in decades. Hell, I'm happier than I've been in centuries. I still can't believe I finally got Catalina to see me as more than a vampire. As a man. I always had hope that this day would come, but I think deep down I never believed that it actually would.

But it has happened. Catalina is right now in the penthouse directly upstairs from my apartment. I've wanted this for so long. I fixed up the place for her, wanting everything to be perfect. Wanting her to have everything that she deserved.

Most people would think I was crazy for falling in love with a girl who wanted to murder me, but I did. The first time I saw her, I thought she was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. Sure, some women are more beautiful, but there was something special about Catalina. I liked her spirit, that she was a fighter. But underneath all of that tough-girl attitude, I could tell there was a hurt little girl. It was love at first sight for me. I think it would have been the same for her also, if only she hadn't already had so many prejudices against vampires. Though, she does have the right to them.

I sought her out as often as possible over the last two years. I knew that I was three hundred years old, even though I appear in my early twenties. I knew that she was only sixteen when I first met her and that I needed to wait for her to become an adult, a woman. When she turned eighteen earlier this year, I increased my pursuit and flirtations.

The funny thing is, she thought she was the one pursuing me. And she was so cute doing it. But that wasn't the case. I frequented places where I knew she would find me. I would play the same game with her. Let her chase me, just to get a few minutes with her. I would take whatever I could get, even if it was negative attention. I always hoped that even though she was trying to kill me, deep down she didn't want to. That she felt the same attraction to me.

When she wasn't hunting me, I was still there. Following her in the shadows as she hunted other vampires. Making sure that she was safe. On a couple of occasions, when she was out hunting alone, I used mind control on the vampires she was hunting. Just to make the kill easier for her. She really shouldn't have been out hunting alone and I was worried that the vampire would get the upper hand and my Catalina would be hurt. If anyone ever did hurt her, I would make them pay. Even a human, which I've sworn never to kill.

I know that her human hunter friends will want her back. They'll try to convince her that I'm bad and that she should stop seeing me. I will do the exact opposite and try to convince her that she should give us a chance. That my dietary habits don't matter when it comes to true love. And that's what this is, I can feel it. Sure, I've had other relationships over the years, but I've never felt this strongly for another woman.

I especially have to keep an eye out for Noah. He wants her, he loves her and they have a history together. She trusts him and looks to him for a feeling of security, as much as she would probably deny the last part. He'll try to take her from me if given the chance. I need to find a way to convince her to stay here permanently. I could use my powers to make her, but I want Catalina to want to be here. I don't want to force her to choose me.

Finding out information about the vampires she's been after was a stroke of luck. It forced her to associate with me on more than just a vampire-vampire hunter level. It forced her to spend time with me. And how enjoyable that time has been.

I can't believe how quickly our relationship has already evolved. After just a few days together, we've gone from her despising me to her practically being my girlfriend. And it is everything that I've imagined. Her sweet kisses and sweet blood. We haven't had sex yet, but I don't think I'll have to wait long. The night we went to that vampire club and I bit her for the first time, she grinded herself against me until she climaxed, with a little help from me. That was so hot, hearing her orgasm. My sweet, sexy Catalina.