OUT FOR BLOOD - CHAPTER 16 - Vampire In Love

CHAPTER 16:

JADEN'S POV:

When I wake up the next day at dusk, I shower and dress in a fashionable suit. Time to get my Catalina back. I take the elevator up to her apartment and knock on the door.

She opens it a minute later, with a scowl on her beautiful face, "Do you vampires really need to hide from the sun during the day, or is that just an excuse to sleep all day?"

"Good to see you too, angel." I quickly kiss her on the forehead before she can duck.

"I've been sitting around all day, waiting for you to come and tell me the game plan," she says impatiently.

I go to the living room and sit on a couch. I pat my lap in a gesture to let her know that I want her to sit there. She rolls her eyes and sits on a chair across from me. I hold back my laughter. Now is not the time to annoy her, no matter how cute she looks when she is angry.

I sigh for effect, "The game plan is that we go out on a real date tonight. With NO weapons, then tomorrow night, we deal with Jonathan and Daniel."

"Why can't we do it tonight?" she asks.

"Because I said so," I immediately realize saying that was a mistake.

She glares at me, "I'm out of here."

She starts to get up and I use my vampire speed to put myself in her way. She falls back into the chair, looking up at me. "Catalina, I don't mean to boss you around, but I have everything set up to get Jonathan and Daniel out of my parents' home and here, or wherever else we choose. All I ask is one night where it's just me and you, with no talk of revenge or killing."

Her face softens a little, then she looks away, "Okay."

I grab her by the waist and pull her up out of the chair, "Good, I've made reservations. Let's go find you something to wear." I guide her back to the master bedroom and into the closet.

I go over to the evening gowns and pull out a short, dark red one, that will fall just above her knees. I grab a pair of black heels and hand them to her. She looks at them, "Thanks Jaden. I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here to dress me."

"I'm always eager to help, angel. Do you need help changing also?" I ask.

I can tell that she's trying not to smile, "No thank you."

"I'll wait in the room," I walk over to a chair and sit down. She closes the closet and comes out a minute later in the dress and heels. "Aren't you forgetting something?"

She looks down at herself, "What?"

I walk into the closet and open the drawer with the jewelry in it. I punch in the code and open the glass case. I pull out a ruby necklace, matching earrings and bracelet. I walk over to where Catalina is standing in the doorway. "Turn around."

She spins around and I fasten the necklace around her neck. I slip in the earrings into her ears and fasten them. I wrap my arms around her from behind and fasten the bracelet onto her wrist. I kiss her lightly on the side of her neck, then spin her back around to look her up and down. "Beautiful," I tell her.

She looks unsure, "Jaden, are you sure I should wear all this? I mean, you aren't taking me to Applebee's, right?"

I laugh, "Yeah, we're getting all dressed up to sit in a booth and eat mini hamburgers as an appetizer. I am taking you to a very nice restaurant."

As we leave the apartment and go down the elevator, she is quiet. I want to hold her, but I know that it's too soon after what has happened the past couple nights. She looks so beautiful. I like seeing her like this, in fine clothing and jewelry. She deserves the best of everything and once she stops being so stubborn, I'll be giving her more of it.