OUT FOR BLOOD - CHAPTER 8 - Vampire Conflict

CHAPTER 8:

CATALINA'S POV:

The next day, on the way to the college Noah and I have a long talk. He isn't happy that I'm dating someone else, but he says that he accepts it. I tell him that maybe it just isn't the right time for us. He is understanding and says that he still wants to meet the guy. I know that's not a good idea. I love Noah, he's been everything to me over the past four years, father, brother, best friend. I owe him a lot more than just my life.

That evening, while I'm getting ready for my date with Jaden, I get a text.

From Jaden: Sorry sweetie, I have to cancel tonight. Something important came up.

I send him a text letting him know that I understand and I go downstairs to see Noah and Colin getting ready to go out hunting. "Hey, can I go with you guys?"

They both look at me shocked. Hey, it's not like I've never gone out with them before. In the beginning I didn't go out alone. Noah says, "Sure Cat, we leave in ten minutes. We're going to a club."

I run upstairs to get changed and get my weapons. I am wearing a short blue Asian-style dress that covers up the bite mark, with knee-high black boots. I have silver daggers in my boots and a stake in my purse. When we get to the club, we go inside and sit at the bar, scanning the crowd for possible vampires. I am really hoping that I see one of the ones from the vampire club last night. I'd love to stake one of those weirdoes. I don't think I'll forget any of their faces. That'll surely come in handy.

Colin asks me to dance and we dance to a couple songs. When we get back to the bar, Noah is flirting with a pretty blonde. I feel a stab of jealousy, but then remind myself that I am dating someone else. I have no right to be jealous over Noah. After he is done flirting with the bimbo, he comes over to talk to me and Colin. "Anything?" he asks.

"No," I tell him.

"What about that guy?" Colin asks, pointing to a guy with long black hair that is on the dance floor.

But, I barely glance at the guy because dancing right next to him, with some slut all over him, is Jaden.

"What's the matter Catalina?" Noah asks me.

Jaden must have heard my name with his super vampire hearing because his eyes immediately snap in our direction. I look away towards Noah and say, "Nothing." I leave them where they are standing and walk out of the club. Stupid cheating vampire.

I'm walking down the street when I hear, "Catalina! Wait! It isn't what it looked like!" I don't have much experience with men, but from what I've heard, isn't that what they always say?

Jaden catches up with me, grabs me by the arm and spins me around. Unfortunately, Noah and Colin are right behind him. Great, an audience. "What the fuck do you want?" I ask him.

Before he can answer, Noah says, "Is this the guy Cat? Is this the guy you chose over me?" Then he says to Jaden, "Well, I guess I should thank you for fucking up so fast."

"Noah, I can handle this myself. I don't need you here," I say through clenched teeth.

"Fine, we'll just wait right over here. Let us know when you are done kicking his sorry ass to the curb," he says and pulls Colin a little ways away from us.

Once they are far enough away, Jaden says, "Kitty Cat, it wasn't like that. She -" but I cut him off.

"It wasn't like what? You cancelled our date tonight to go out with another woman? Did she like the restaurant you were going to take me too? She must have, because she looked mighty grateful on the dance floor. Grinding up against you and touching you all over." Dammit, I'm starting to cry. "You know what? I don't even care. Have a nice life and a horrible eternity!"