OUT FOR BLOOD - CHAPTER 23 - Vampire Surprise

****DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS YET!

****YOU'LL RUIN THE CHAPTER FOR YOURSELF!

CHAPTER 23:

CATALINA'S POV:

When we leave the apartment building, Jaden lets me drive his Charger. I guess I can kind of understand his excitement in owning a car that is just like one from a television show. Even if the show aired a million years ago.

Of course, the best part is that it goes really fast.

I look over at him, while I'm driving, "Jaden?" I ask in a cutsie voice, that I've heard girls my age use with their boyfriends.

"Yes, Catalina?" he asks suspiciously.

"Would you be mad if I crashed your car?"

He gives me a patient look, "Only if you got hurt in the process."

"Hmm," I think to myself. "Permission to crash your favorite car. You don't know how tempting that is."

"However, I'd prefer that you didn't," he says with a stern expression on his face.

I wave my hand in the air, "Yeah, yeah. You can't go trying to take it back now."

When we near my old neighborhood, I start to feel anxious. Besides house cleaners, I haven't allowed anyone else to step foot in my family's home since their deaths. Since Jaden was the one who got me my revenge, not to mention the fact that I love him, I think he should be the one to come with me.

"Jaden?"

"Yes, angel?"

"I'm taking you someplace very special to me," I tell him, with a lump in my throat.

He grabs onto my right hand and squeezes. "Your family's home?"

I look at him in shock, "How did you know?"

He has a serious look on his face. "Didn't I ever mention that one of my vampire powers is mind reading?"

"No shit?" I ask in disbelief. How could he forget to mention something like that?

He busts out laughing, "No. I wish. That would make dealing with you a hell of a lot easier, though."

I give him a dirty look, "If I'm such a hassle to deal with, then maybe you could just choose to not deal with me at all."

"Looooove you," he says all lovey-dovey. Is that all he's going to say from now on when he's in trouble?"

"Seriously, Jaden. How did you know?"

He sighs, "I may have followed you one night?"

"Recently?" I ask suspiciously.

"Yes."

"I guess I should be used to it by now." Then I add, "Stalker."

"Loooove you, Kitty Cat," he says sweetly.

"Loooove you too, stalker boyfriend," I tease him.

I park in the driveway of my family's home. As I turn off the engine, he grabs my waist and pulls me up against him. "Thank you," he whispers.

"For what?" I ask quizzically.

He pecks me on the lips, "For choosing me to share this with."

I stroke the lips that just kissed me, "I'll always choose you, Jaden."

Before I know what he is about to do, he uses his super vamp speed to open his door and pick me up out of the car on his side. "By the way," be begins, "I installed a new doorknob on the back door."