Chapter Thirteen

Let's swap it to Eos POV

I leaned further into Lisa as we made our way down the hallways. I knew I had spoken to far when I went to speak about Cosmic's father. "Are you okay?" I smiled down at Lisa. Her vibrant purple eyes shined with worry. "If this is too much, you have to let me know. I still think you should be in bed." I nodded and reached down, gripping her hand tightly as I turned to look at Matt's back. He was tense as well. I knew he didn't have it as bad as me but I also knew he wasn't spared either.

We made it towards the far end of the basement. The stench of blood was heavy over here and you could smell the despair and death in the air. Matt had stopped in front of a large metal door. I cried out as someone gripped my waist. I was pulled into someone's chest and a loud growl rung out through the hallway. I looked up and met a bright pair of yellow eyes. "You will not go in there!" Cosmic growled "You might get hurt!" I took a few deep breaths, attempting to calm myself.

"Don't scare me like that!" I hissed as I pulled away from her. Her yellow eyes shined in the lights as she stared into mine.

"I'm sorry." Cosmic whispered. I could also see Lisa's glaring at her

"You scared the shit out of me too." Lisa turned and walked towards Matthew.

"I didn't mean to scare you! I swear, I was just trying to stop you. I can't have you going in there." I moved towards her and placed my hand on her chest.

"Cosmic, you've got Erebus and I've got the wolf. You know I'll be protected. I have to go in there to talk to the vampires. We need to know why they are here and what they want. Just calm down and if you must, go in with Matt and I?" She nodded in agreement after a few moments of hesitation. Cosmic and I made our way over to Lisa and Matthew. Cosmic pushed past Matthew and threw open the large metal door. We watched in horror as she walked over to the two men sitting in side. Her claws were extended and her fangs were sticking out of her upper lip. The two men looked at her in horror before crying out in fear, not expecting to see her. Lisa went to go stop Cosmic but was stopped by my hand on her shoulder "Trust her, she will not bring to much pain." Lisa nodded and I watched as Cosmic gripped one of the men's necks.

"What are you doing on my land?" She screamed

"I apologize, Alpha! We didn't realized the Alpha king had been replaced. We were crossing through!" The one Cosmic was holding, squealed but the one still on the floor just stared at her in awe

"You were just a little pup last time I saw you!" The man on the floor stood up as he stared at Cosmic with lust filled eyes. "You are probably as weak as you were back then." I met the black eyes of Erebus as she turned to the man with a faux scared look on her face. The man grinned in triumph as he stood taller than Cosmic. He took a step towards Cosmic and in an instant was pinned to the wall. Matt stood over the large man. "Aw hello Matty!" The man's grin grew as Matt blocked his view of Cosmic. I slipped into the shadows, making sure to pull Lisa with me as I didn't want these men seeing us. Lisa gripped my hand tightly as she watched the scene unfold in front of us.

"Who sent you two? I don't believe this who 'just passing through' thing." Cosmic spoke as her claws traced the mans face

"Okay, we were passing through."

"Shut up!" The man held by Matt growled at his friend

"No! I don't want to die. We were sent by a man named Richard!" Cosmic growled and nodded. She dropped the man and turned to Matt. She made a motion with her hand and we watched as Matt turned and snapped the man's neck. The guy on the floor screamed and ran to his fallen friend. Cosmic walked over to the man and pushed him away. She took her claws and reached into the man's chest. She came back out with his heart to assure he wouldn't be waking up. She stood up and tossed it to the man on the floor.

"What's your name?" The man looked at Cosmic in terror

"Jack."

"Well Jack, I'll be back to talk to you later. If you don't want to end up like your buddy, I'd be on my best behavior." He nodded his head quickly and bowed on the floor. Cosmic and Matt walked away from the man and over to us. Lisa and I were the first out the door soon followed by Cosmic and Matt.

"Let him wallow in his fear. We will come down in a couple of days." Matt nodded at Cosmic "You are dismissed, Matthew. I will call for you if needed. Go to your family." Matt said nothing as he bowed and hurried from the basement. Lisa walked over to a room and came back out with a towel. She handed it to Cosmic who used it to clean her head. I turned and walked out the basement. The scent of blood was strong as Cosmic was sort of covered in it. I was unable to handle the scent as I headed upstairs.