0.21

Idris couldn't stop shaking. He was overthinking almost every situation that could happen tonight. He'd been sitting on his motorbike for twenty minutes trying to get his head cleared but nothing seemed to work.

Why was he doing this? Was what Ryder said true? Had she changed? Had he changed?

Reaching for his phone, he dialled Ryder's number.

On the first ring he answered.

"That was fast, did she just want to get your pipe?", his obnoxious voice boomed through the phone.

"My pipe? The fuck, no I haven't even seen her yet, look I think I should just forget it and go back home", he huffed looking around the parking lot.

"No, just do it", he hollered.

"Don't quote that", Idris gritted getting fed up with the conversation.

"Dude just go, seriously stop being a fucking wuss you-", Idris hanged up before he let his best friend rant on.

Sometimes he was just no help.

With one final long sigh, he hopped off his bike and marched into the small cafe they agreed to meet at.

Play cool. He repeated to himself as he scanned the busy cafe.

Once his eyes landed on her. All his worries and doubts washed away. Her brown hair was piled on top of her head.

Her brown almond eyes slowly connected with his blue ones.

She smiled lazily at him ushering him to go to her. He obeyed moving his way towards the girl that broke his heart and gave up on him after one night together.

Just that thought alone made Idris cringe and beat himself up for even calling her in the first place.

"Hey", she breathed brushing a piece of hair that fell out of her messy bun.

Her white tank top hanged off one shoulder indicating the shirt was too big for her while her skinny jeans fit perfectly.

"Yeah hey", Idris nodded sliding in the seat opposite her.

She smiled scanning his face with longing, her eyes lingering on his lips.

He bit it nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"Have you ordered?", he asked getting up from his seat. She waved him off quickly, "Yes, I ordered the same thing for us both, they should be here soon."

He sighed through his nose, nodding, sitting back in the seat and drumming his fingers on the wooden table, he let his eyes roam the small place.

The cafe was alive as people chatted around them, music played in the background and posters covered every section of the walls.

It felt quite cosy.

"Idris, why'd you call me?", Carson finally asked.

"I felt guilty for the way I acted the other night and my mate told me a few things that made me think differently but-", he sighed, "Every time I see you, memories come flooding back and I hate it. I was doing just fine without you and now, now I can't get you out of my fucking head", he stressed, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

Carson stared at him for a moment.

She forgot how blunt he could be. He wasn't one to beat around the bush and neither was she but when it came to feelings, they both seemed to run.

"Idris", Carson whispered, "What happened three years ago was a mistake, we were both in bad situations and obviously used each other for something we both needed", she answered not looking him in the eyes.

"Bullshit", Idris shook his head, running his fingers through his chestnut hair, "I felt something, I know you did too so don't sit there acting as if nothing happened. Own up to it Carson and stop pushing it away", he finished before a waitress hobbled over putting their hot chocolates in front of them.

Silence consumed them as Carson wiped her eyes furiously.

Idris was sick of her crying, he was sick of her never opening up to him when he told her almost everything. Three years later and she still seemed like the closed off Carson.

"I thought I could come here and start over with you, I wanted to know how you were doing and what you've been up to but frankly I don't care", Idris continued glaring at her, "You're still the same scared little girl."

He stood from his seat and walked off.

He was done.

"Fuck you Idris", Carson screamed, her voice bouncing off the walls as they clouded his mind.

He tensed at her words and stopped walking. Turning to face her, he raised an eyebrow smirking.

"You already did", he winked before opening the door and storming out.

That was a low blow.

He knew that but fuck he was done being the eighteen year old boy he was three years ago. She needed to acknowledge what happened and tell him how she actually felt.

Only then will he listen to her.