0.3

Idris had no idea where he was headed. His body felt tense free for once and all the negative thoughts seemed to have washed away once he started driving.

He took out a cigarette and lighter from the front pocket of his bag lighting it up in an instant. He enjoyed smoking, he loved the feeling it gave him and in some way it was his anchor.

He didn't care that people glared at him while doing it, the entire town judged him so he simply stopped caring altogether.

Idris watched the houses go by in a blur, the sky was grey and gloomy causing him to let out a loud snort. How typical he thought. Shit day. Shit weather.

Turning into the small cafe he was at last night, he couldn't understand why he was going back. He didn't want to see that girl again and he had no intentions of even going in and from the looks of it, it looked closed as if last night's encounter never happened but it did. All night he tossed and turned, his heart felt heavier than ever. He knew he had to get out. Free himself from this town and hopefully, maybe that girl.

"Just clearing my head", he mumbled to himself, turning off the ignition and resting his head on the steering wheel. What was he suppose to do now? Where was he suppose to go? He knew he couldn't be in this town anymore but something still tugged at him to stay.

Hearing three soft knocks on his car window, Idris suppressed a groan lifting his head up to meet wide brown eyes. The same brown eyes from last night. The girl stood there looking frantic, her face a deep shade of red, like she had just ran marathon.

Rolling down his window, he squinted his eyes looking at the girl before him. Her hair was piled on top of her head messily as she bent down resting her hands on her thighs to catch her breath.

"Yes?", he said, arching an eyebrow at her. She lifted a finger up before mumbling 'one second'.

Idris drummed his long fingers on the wheel looking around the parking lot. All the buildings looked run down and old. How did he not notice that last night?

"Would it be totally inappropriate of me if I asked if I could get in the car with you?", she asked hurriedly, her brown eyes darting around the deserted area. He copied her actions trying to look for whatever she was looking for.

He frowned, was he seriously going to let her in?

"Yes but be my guess", he grumbled, unlocking the door for her.

Yep. He definitely was letting her in.

She moved around the car quickly, sliding into the passenger seat with ease. Her clothes looked like they had seen better days and her shoes were in the worse condition, Idris felt a pang of sympathy for the girl.

"Where are you off too?", she asked, after a long pause.

He let out a sigh running his hands over his face before facing the girl.

"I don't know.", he finally answered, shrugging his broad shoulders.

"Well, C-can I come with you?", she stuttered, embarrassment rushing to her cheeks.

No. No. No.

Idris didn't, couldn't help her. He knew she wanted to run away, he could see it last night on her face but he had to say no.

The next thing that tumbled out of his mouth though surprised him.

"Fine", he shrugged, flicking his cigarette out the window.

Silence consumed them. He had no idea what to say or ask. He didn't want to know her problems or why she wanted to leave with him and to be honest he didn't care.

Okay maybe he did care. A tiny bit. He'd never admit that though.

"Are you going to ask me anything?", she asked softly, anticipating the questions she didn't know how to answer yet.

"Not my business, we both obviously want to get out of here and that's exactly what we're doing", he murmured.

"Yeah y-you're right about that", she blew out a sigh of relief, "I don't mean to be so forward but can we please leave?", she said, looking out the window.

Her hands haven't stopped fidgeting since she sat down.

"What's your name?", He frowned, eyeing the stranger.

She turned to look over at him, fear evident in her eyes."Carson and you are?", she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Leaving", he mumbled, turning on the ignition and driving out of the parking lot.

Fuck. What was he doing. Was he actually going to let this strange Carson girl accompany him on...whatever this was?

He knew he felt something run deep between them last night, like they were communicating through something else entirely but this, was this crazy?

Perhaps it was crazy but nothing about that bizarre moment felt wrong.

She was who he was waiting for when he parked that car.

'Just clearing my head', he thought.

What a fucking lie that was.