0.20

Idris drowned his third beer, his eyes focused on the game ahead. Ryder sat nervously next to him. He hadn't said one word to him since he came over an hour ago.

He was still mad he let Carson talk to him.

"Alright let it out", Ryder sighed, leaning back on the lounge, he fixed his cap on his head, staring at Idris.

Idris let out a low warning growl, sending him a side glance.

"You shit fucker, why did you let her come talk to me?", he finally asked.

"Mate I was doing what you actually wanted to do, you know you wanted to talk to her. Your stubbornness just gets in the fucking way", he admitted sending him a smug smile.

Idris knew he was right. He wanted more than anything to talk to her but his pride and ego got in the way.

Letting out a sigh Idris ran his fingers through his hair, "Yeah you're right", he agreed shaking his head.

Ryder's eyes widen, he thought it would take him at lease five more rounds to get it through his thick head.

"Well that was easier than I thought", he chuckled leaning over to smack the back of Idris's head, "Now back to me, I'm going on a second date with Miss blonde tomorrow, she wants to go shopping", he squealed in a high voice before frowning and grumbling something about women and their shopping.

"Carson hated shopping", Idris blurted out before shaking his head at the memory of him choosing her clothes for her.

"Dude just talk to her, It's been three years and you've both changed, now's your time to get over what happened and start a clean slate", Ryder shrugged sipping on his beer.

Idris let his words sink in. He had a point. He always had a fucking point and that annoyed him to no end but boy was he grateful to have the son of a bitch in his life.

"Fuck", Idris muttered rubbing his face in frustration.

Now he wanted to talk to her. He wanted to know what she'd been up to, what she'd been doing all these years.

Ryder smirked at Idris as he passed him a piece of paper with numbers scribbled on it, "I asked Alexis for her number, I knew you'd eventually get over this tantrum and want to talk to her", he stifled a laugh behind his beer.

Idris wanted to hug and punch the man, "I hate you but I also fucking love you", Idris sighed standing up from his seat and walking out of his living room.

"I love you too baby", Ryder screamed, his laugh echoing around the house.

With shaky hands, Idris pulled out his phone and dialled her number. On the third ring her soft husky voice flowed through the phone causing Idris's stomach to churn.

"Hello", she answered, music playing in the background.

"Carson?", Idris replied fiddling with his papers on the kitchen counter.

"Idris? H-how?", she stammered.

"Alexis gave Ryder your number to give to me. Look I'm sorry about how I acted the other night. Just seeing you took me to the past and I didn't know how to handle It", he explained pinching the bridge of his nose.

Silence was all he heard.

He didn't know if she had hung up or if she stopped listening but with every second that went by his stress levels went up.

"Idris you have nothing to apologise for", she whispered, her voice laced with sadness.

"Can we meet up?", he asked nervously.

"Yes, I can drive to you if you want?", she answered back quickly this time.

"Do you know the cafe called 'Coffee up'? The corner of London street?", he pressed leaning his elbows on the marble counters.

"Um yeah okay, see you an hour?", she spoke not giving him time to reply before she hanged up.

Fuck fuck fuck. What was he doing?

He made mental notes why it wasn't good to have her back in his life but his heart had its own notes, ticking off reasons why it was a good idea.

It's Carson. My Carson. He thought.

"So you going to meet her at Coffee up hey?", Ryder chirped strolling into the kitchen with a wide smile on his face.

Idris narrowed his eyes at the bloke.

"You were listening?", he asked raising an eyebrow at him.

Ryder hummed in response opening up the fridge and scanning what food was eatable.

"Oh Carson I miss you so much, please please please meet me at Coffee up, so I can get up on you", he mocked in a sweet voice, his hand waving in the air as if he was trying to fan himself.

Idris watched his best mate in amusement, he couldn't help but let out a loud laugh. He wasn't even angry at him. He was one of the best guys he'd ever met and his sense of humor was just a bonus.

"Fuck off, I'm leaving. I want you gone by the time I get back", he chuckled grabbing his keys and wallet on the counter.

"If you come back but I'm not going anywhere. Emptying your fridge and playing that wii game is my life now", he shouted, waving at Idris with a sheepish smile.

"Whatever, laters mate", he huffed walking out and shutting the front door behind him.

Idris wasn't ready but his heart was already beating so fast against his ribcage.

Here goes nothing.