25. You and I

I wake up finding myself surrendered with cold. Even though I am hiding underneath the duvet, I curled up right next to Willow.

"It's so cold." I shiver as I find my way to rest my head on her stomach and my face buried down on her shirt.

"I know." She chuckles at me, and I can feel her hand in my hair, stroking me. I close my eyes to how wonderful it feels like. I want this every day. For the rest of my life, but maybe that is too much to ask for.

"I'm going to fire up the fireplace, or it will be cold all day in here." She says, and I feel her move, but I stop her.

"Don't go," I beg; it's so comfortable. She is so comfortable and comforting.

"I need to, Harley." She laughs lightly, and I sigh but move off her.

"I'm sorry." She says as she gets out of bed, and I am just hiding my disappointment under the duvet. I know she needs to, but I want her here with me. She steps out of the room, and I throw the duvet off me, which I regret right away.

"Big mistake, big mistake." I shiver, dragging it over me again, but get out of bed with it around me. I find Willow in the living room, but the view outside makes my mouth drop open. It's a big snowstorm outside. No wonder it's so freaking cold here.

"I guess we aren't going outside today," I say, and Willow comes standing next to me.

"We have to." She says, and I turn to her fast with widened eyes.

"We don't have enough wood up here to keep the cold away, so I have to go down to Joe for more." She explains, and I sigh as I fall on the couch.

"But it's so freaking cold." I shake, and she smiles at me as she sits down.

"You don't need to come along, you know." She says, pulling some of the duvet over her.

"I want to," I say, sitting close to her, leaning my head on her shoulder. Then she turns to me, and I close my eyes as I feel her lips on my forehead. She moves her lips to my cheek, but then my own lips.

I always want to kiss her. My whole body and mind are craving for it. She lay her hand on my cheek gently, and her movement makes me lay down on the couch. I rest my hands on Willow's waits. She's keeping me warm with her body above mine.

Our kiss deepens and turning more intense, but then all of a sudden, she moves back. The look on her face seems like she is in shock or at least something like that.

"What is wrong?" I ask, worried after she moved out of the couch. She is staring out the window now, watching the heavy snowfall down to the white ground. I jump out of the couch and move slowly towards Willow.

"What's wrong?" I asked, wrapping my arms around her stomach and lean my head on the back of her shoulder. I can hear her sobbing. That is not what you want to hear after a girl kissed you.

"I'm sorry." She cries, trying to hide it, but I can hear it on her clearly.

"Don't be sorry; it's okay."

"No, it's not." She snaps, turning around. Her whole face stained with tears.

"It's not okay, Harley." She says, taking the tears away.

"Talk to me, Willow," I beg, feeling myself about to cry about how much pain she is in.

"Will, please." I cup her cheeks with my hands, but she won't look at me.

"I can't." She says what she has always said.

"I can't do anything with that, Will," I tell her, biting my lip in confusion and frustration.

"I-I" She sobs, which makes it hard for her to talk.

"Will, it's okay." I try to smile and lay my arms around her for an embrace.

"It hurts so much, Harley." She cries.

"What hurts?" I wonder as I stroke her back.

"You, it hurts how much I want you," Will says, which really confused me.

"What, why?" I ask, but she shakes her head.

"Will, please. I can't do anything if you don't tell me what is wrong." I beg her.

"I can't do this." More tears fall down her cheeks, and I feel my own tears wanting to come out as well by her words.

"What can't you do?" I ask, scared for my answer.

"You and I." She says, and it feels like someone stabbed a knife in my heart. I close my eyes, never been crying more than I have ever done. It hurts so much.

My feet step away from Willow, slowly. I can barely stand on them anymore, so I turn around and find my way back into the bedroom. Looking at her right now, I can't do that.

I grab the other duvet to pull it over me. Shutting it all out, but I don't think it's possible.

She is already in my dreams.