14. It's yours and only yours

I'm not going to lie. I kept my face down in Willow's jacket all the way to the restaurant. It just smelled so good. I changed into my work clothes, and I am using her jacket to keep myself warm, but mostly because of her smell.

I have done all of my homework, and now I am just waiting for some food. Which are a hamburger, and I already have the taste in my mouth? It's been a while since my last meal, and my stomach is aching for it right now.

"Here you go." Grace smiles as she puts my dinner nicely on the table for me.

"Thank you," I tell her, so grateful.

"Are you okay?" She asks as I just took a bite of my burger.

"Yes." I nod with my mouth full, which makes her chuckle, and I roll my eyes of my embarrassment.

"Don't talk to me while I eat," I say, all grumpy. There should be a law against that. Can't a girl enjoy her food in peace?

"Well, someone is moody." She laughs at me, and I watch her with anger.

"I'm hungry and cold; of course, I am moody, Grace." I reach out my tongue to her before I take another bite.

"I almost had to kick her out the door, you know, just to make her go and pick you up." She says, and I sigh with disappointment.

"She doesn't like me very much, huh?" I shrug and lay my hamburger back down on my plate.

"No, I don't think that's why." She crosses her arms as she stares into the kitchen.

"She just," She looks at me for a moment,

"I don't really know. I have known her for six months, and she has always been a little strange in some ways. Not in a bad way, of course, but more like confusing." Grace seems a little lost in her thoughts.

"I don't understand why her mother isn't worried about her," Grace says as she steals a French fry from me. I stare at her for a long while before she noticed what she did.

"Sorry." She apologizes.

"Maybe, because her mother isn't worried." I shrug, which makes Grace look at me weird.

"Why shouldn't she, I mean." She sighs in frustration.

"You worry too much, Grace." I smile at her.

"Yeah, maybe I do." She sits down in front of me and takes a deep breath.

I kept on eating my food until Grace had to go back to work. When I was gone, I just sat and observed everything around. What kind of food that people were eating, if they were on a date or if it was just a friendly meeting,

Then there were families with some young kids and some older. There was almost a newborn there as well. She was so cute that I wished to have one of my own. I want many kids when I get older. At least I hope so.

"Hey, are you okay?" I watch Willow sit down where Grace sat moments ago.

"Yeah." I nod, and a slight smile comes on her face.

"That's good; do you want me to drive you home?" She wonders while I stare at her. I don't want to go home. No one is home. Mom won't come home until she is done with her shift tonight, and my brother is sleeping over at his friend's house.

I would be all alone, which is okay, but I don't feel like it right now. It's been an emotional day, and I know being alone is going to make it worse.

"I can wait until you are finished." I smile at her lightly; she looks at me questioningly but nods.

"Okay, I'm in the kitchen if you change your mind and if there is anything else, okay?" She says as she stands up on her long legs.

"Okay, thank you," I tell her gratefully and watch her step back over to work.

I take out my phone from my pocket to send a text to Alissa, to see how it's going. She seemed to feel very bad this morning when I talked to her, so I hope she feels better.

I almost jumped in my seat by how fast she replied, and I wince as I see how mad she is with me for not texting her earlier and keeping her company. I roll my eyes as I decide to explain to her what happened today.

A minute later, I get a message back from her, all hysterical and wishing she could beat up Jessica's ass even though she found it cute how Willow was there to help me and all.

My cheeks are so warm right now; that I look around to make sure no one is watching me. At least I hoped Willow wouldn't see me. It would be embarrassing, but no one is looking at me, so that's good.

I send her a text telling her to go to sleep since she feels so bad and that I talk to her later. So she won't keep making my face red now and then.

If there is something I have learned through all of the time, I have had my dreams about Willow and knowing her. Is that you can't fight it, like you can't fight a storm. Just isn't possible.

No matter how much I try not to look at her, my eyes have to. No matter how much I try not to smile, my mouth has to. No matter how much I try not to think about her, my thoughts have to. She is everywhere, even if I would travel to the other side of the world. And I am not just talking about my dreams and her being on my mind, but it's how I feel about her.

My feelings for her could never leave. They have been there ever since the first dream I had. It's weird to think that you can carry something so big inside you that no one can see or touch.

It's yours and only yours.