Chapter thirty-five

Time lapse- 2 years

[Alan]

"It sounds weird!" I exclaimed to Tino who sat in front of me with one crossed arm and the other on his forehead as he shook his head. "It sounds not weird!" he yelled with arms flailing. "Now go again."

"No, I'm not doing it. It's going to make everyone cringe." I protested. I sighed. I turned around and looked at the mirror. I put away the paper I'd scribed my vows on. "I want this to be perfect. It has to be perfect." I thought out loud, looking at myself in the mirror and fixating my bow tie.

Tino stood behind me and gripped me by my shoulders, looking at me in the mirror. "Man, look at yourself. You look great but you're a nervous wreck. It's going to be fine." he comforted, adding his signature smile at the end.

What if it all goes wrong though? I could mess up a word or forget to say something. It could actually go wrong. Of all days, this can't be happening. I cannot lose Austin, there's no way. I love Austin so much. Words cant describe the depths and extents I'd go to for him. And God, I'm not letting him down.

I let out a deep breath and nodded. "This is it, I'm getting married."

✧・゚:* Meanwhile *:・゚✧

[Austin]

"This is it, I'm getting married." I said, still taken aback that it was actually happen. I was sitting in the room besides Alan's. I sat on the couch with my elbows resting on my knees as my fingers massaged my temple. "This is so cool. Never would I have thought I would be going to my best friend's wedding." Phil laughed. This was really unbelievable.

Fuck, four years ago, would I have really thought I'd marry the guy who I'd never even spoken to? No way. We've been through so much. I'm so glad this is happening. "It's unreal." I breathed. My legs were shaking with the anticipation that I was going to get married to the man of my dreams.

The last two years have been so great. Honestly, it has been so great. I managed to get Alan that guitar. He loved and fuck, he was so good. When we went to his house to pick up his stuff that day, he had picked up some of his books that he'd written songs in. Reading them, they were amazing and when he played them.. Fuck. It was formidable. We followed Tino's plan to meet up with Phil and Aaron and have a band practice. Alan really hit it off with them and in a moment of weeks, we were all so close. The band had formed and we called ourselves Of Mice & Men. We had actually already started to compose an album of some sort. Before we knew it, we were doing small gigs and guest acts.

Soon, Phil told us that a record company wanted to sign us! Not long after, we were signed to Rise Records and sales flying. We were invited to larger gigs and more and more people listen to us and liked us. Alan and I had never been closer. I assured to get him a ring to really confirm our engagement. And I did. And he loved it. Everything turned out to be a success, and I'm so happy I got to do it with Alan.

There was a knock on the door and Phil went to open it. I heard him greet Aaron and they both walked in. "It's time." Aaron smiled, gripping my shoulder. My heart started to beat out of my chest. I stood up and fixed my suit. "You look fine, relax." Phil smiled, swaying his long brown hair. "Damn, okay hula girl." I laughed trying to calm the nerves.

Holy shit, I'm going to marry Alan. I'm going to marry Alan. I'm actually going to fucking marry Alan.

---

[Alan]

"I can't do it," I whimpered. "I'm going to make a fool out of myself." Great, this was just the best time for this to happen. "Calm down, man." Tino sighed, swinging an arm around my shoulder. I looked through the window in the door and saw guests seated. The place looked lovely. Petals were scattered down the aisle and the benches were decorated with bouquets. It was an outdoor wedding and it looked beautiful.

My heart fluttered as I saw the back of the man I was going to marry. He was speaking to the minister who seemed to be smiling. I saw them both checking their watches and realised that I was foolishly wasting time. "Okay," I breathed. "I'm ready." Tino smiled and gave me a quick hug. "Right, I'll cue you." Tino said before jogging outside and to the Austin and the minister. Aaron and Phil stood on either side of Austin and Tino joined Aaron. I saw Tino wink at me as I opened the door and I proceeded to walk him. The guests looked at me as I ambled in nervously. I scratched my head as I came closer to Austin.

The minister gave me a reassuring smile and my heart trembled when Austin turned to look at me. He grabbed my hand and whispered into my ear, "You look amazing." He left me a small kiss behind me ear and I breathed shakily.

This was unbelievable. The guy who I hadn't ever spoken to in a school I hated, was marrying me. The guy who stopped me from destroying myself, was marrying me. The guy who I had leave for 3 years, was marrying me. Life was a whole bunch of diamonds right now.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen. We are here to witness the partnership of Austin Robert Carlile and Alan Anthony Ashby." he said through a delighted smile. Aaron gave me a wink from my side and I smiled with all nerves wracking. Austin looked at me again and I noticed the beads of sweat lining his head. He grabbed the handkerchief from his pocket and wiped it. I gave him a smile and his brown eyes sparkled.

"If anyone has a reason why these two should not proceed in their partnership, please speak now or never again." he said. We all looked around. Who was going to object anyways?

"Right so-" he began before a pair of loud footsteps ascended from behind us.

"Wait! I object to this marriage!"

---------

Word count: 1069

*A/N: Tense. Hope you liked it. ^___^ I'm going to Canada next week so I'm going to be inactive for like three weeks. I'm thinking of ending this soon. But for now, read, comment and vote. :-) I love you all! ♡ *