Chapter thirty

[Austin]

I stood talking to Darin. We used to go to college together. Rumour has it that he used to like me but it was just something the football squad tried to pin on him. It was nice catching up with people. "Well it was nice seeing you here," Darin said after we exchanged numbers. "I'll call you or something." he smiled and I nodded.

Something was missing.. Shit, Alan. I completely forgot. That sounded bad. I looked around for Alan and he wasn't there. Huh? Where did he go? I took my phone out to call him. As his number dialled I looked around and couldn't see him. "The number you are trying to reach is currently unav-" I cut off the sound of the stupid machine and cursed the telephone Gods. I searched all around the park area. He was just here a second ago. I looked at the time. Fuck, I was talking to Darin for like 20 minutes and totally ignored Alan.

I beat myself up inside. Wait, this is exactly what Alan did to me.. I'm just as bad. I sighed and called once again. The paining dialling sound echoed and he finally picked up. "Alan where did you go?!" I almost yelled into the phone.

"Oh, you noticed now that I was gone?"

"Alan, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ignore you, I just hadn't seen him in so long. Please, forgive me." I mumbled sorrily.

"... Whatever."

I grumbled slightly. He can be so difficult at times. "Where are you?" I asked attentively. He couldn't have gone far.

"Guitar shop in the mall."

I smiled to myself. He hasn't played guitar since high school. It's nice to know he's doing something he likes. "I'm coming right over." I said before he mumbled a "Sure." and then cut off the phone. I'll make it up to him.

I ran over to the guitar shop. I'd go past it a lot when in the mall so I knew where it was. Plus, the owner was a friend of mine's dad. I smiled at him as I walked in. It was quite big because they'd started selling more instruments here. I strolled around looking for Alan until I saw a lonesome ginger sitting with a guitar.

Standing to the side, I listened to the harmonious melodies being created. It was really beautiful. I remember doing this in high school. Listening to him playing, I missed it. I'm sure he did too. Intentionally, I cleared my throat causing him to turn around. He looked at me and then looked back to the guitar without saying a word. He's still mad, I don't blame him.

I sighed and went over to him. I leaned down behind him and put my arms around his waist, minding the guitar strap. Comfortably, I nuzzled my head on his shoulder as he made struggled noises trying to brush me off. "Austin stop.." he whined. I laughed softly into his neck and left small pecks on it. "I'm sorry for ignoring you, I didn't mean to.. I love you." I whispered and I saw the corner of his lip tug upwards slightly.

"Please forgive me.." I pleaded in a soft manner. He sighed and took the guitar off his body. Holding it beside him, he turned to face me. "Fine, but I'm still mad." he said through a smile he struggled to contain before leaning down to kiss me. I pecked his soft lips and he returned it. "You have every right to be."

I offered Alan my hand to help my damsel up. "You know you're fucking great at playing guitar." I said, smiling. "Thanks, I used to want this one when I was younger. I remember they had it at the store near my house but I left before I ever got the chance." he mumbled while holding it up and admiring. Hm.. So this is Alan's dream guitar? Calls for a plan.

"Aw, maybe you can get it one day." I smiled at him as he hung it back up. I held out my arm for him to snuggle into. He curled in and I hugged him tight and kissed his head. I let go and we left the shop. Strolling around the mall after seeing plenty of girls wearing clothes way too short and skimpy for their bodies, we decided to head back. I noticed a lot of them looking at Alan with greedy eyes and felt rather... Uncomfortable. Haha, literally like, he's my boyfriend stop.

He's my boyfriend, that's pretty cool.

[Alan]

Loads of girls kept eyeing Austin so I'd deliberately clutch his hand for them to run off squealing. The guy is my boyfriend okay, stop. We went out the mall and into the car park. It was scorching hot. I wish I was able to wear short sleeves. But nope, I'm such an idiot that I can't. Because my arms are ruined.

Sometimes, I believe its not even me. I wish people weren't so judgemental that someone who's dealt with self-harm can actually walk around without being scared of being judged for having scars on their arms. Who am I kidding.. It's unnatural. I sighed and Austin looked at me with worried eyes. "You okay?" he said in a small, comforting voice. I nodded and smiled. "The sun's just getting me a little tired." I yawned and he laughed quietly.

We had reached the car and Austin watched me put my belt on incase my wrists were irritating me and getting in the way of putting it on. I noticed him looking. "I'm capable of putting on a seatbelt, you don't have to baby me." I grunted and he smiled to himself. "I know, I was just making sure." He leaned over and kissed me cheek and I grumbled. I'm still annoyed at him, just like he was at me before. I just guess he has a different way of handling it and his way puts him in the more demanding position. Plus his way revolves around affection and it's hard to stay mad at him when he wants to kiss me all the time.

Austin began to drive and I turned the stereo on. Austin sang along to the song. I haven't heard him sing properly besides the times we'd goof around in the car. But my God, it was fucking mesmerising. I sat and closed my eyes listening to his voice. This sounds so queer, well haha, I guess I am but fuck, it was angelic. I never knew he was so talented. He quietened down probably thinking I was asleep. I smiled a little.

There's so much to love about him. His personality, his talent, his looks. The way he can make any situation a good one. The way he can make me forget my worries and appreciate life.. God, I wish I was just as good for him. I think to myself, what good am I actually to him? I don't do anything.. Literally. I sighed, he seems to love me. Or is it an act? I wish I was good enough for him.. I wish I was good enough for me.

--------
Word count: 1198

*A/N: Lmao that was shit aw aw aw. I've been caught up recently with school so I haven't been able to write much. The week after next is my last week at school until the Easter holidays so I'll probably write more. Plus, next week I have loads of exams. ☹ But anyways, hope you liked it. Read, comment, vote! (6k reads ahh!!) I love you all. ♡ (◡‿◡✿) *