Chapter nine

I'm updating cause I love you guys so much! I know, I know, it's been like, four days since I wrote in here but hey! At least I don't update once a month or something like that. A girl's gotta work and stuff! But okay, now the REAL story can begin, after this sexy chappie. Yep, since you guys waited patiently, I suppose I'll reward you! Love you guys and thanks!

WARNING: NOT EDITED SO SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR THE MISTAKES, DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO READ OVER... :(

DOUBLE WARNING: This book contains boy love, if you didn't know this by now...well...something is really wrong. Go away bud!

***Caleb's POV***

I'm the world's biggest idiot.

I fucking knew about Jared's past and still said some dumb shit like that. I now sat in the living room waiting for him to show up since he's been gone for hours, probably blowing off steam. Everything that I threw in my "temper tantrum" was back in its place and Kyle was sleeping soundly in our room. A small smile graced my lips. Our. I haven't been able to say that about "us" in centuries. I suddenly frowned. Jared, though a bit childish most of the time was right.

I was expecting way too much too soon from Kyle and for that I'm not sure if I could forgive myself for losing my patience with my best friend. I finger tips skimmed across my lips as I thought about the kiss he forced me into... No one should do that but Kyle, but with Jared, I could let it go. He was hurting and did that on impulse. Sighing, I walked down the hall to his room and slowly pushed the door open.

As usual, clothes were scattered everywhere, skinny jeans here, wife beaters there, the works. Stepping over all that junk, I made my way to his semi clean bed. Magazines, books, and...holy...was that pizza?...cluttered one side while the other side deemed itself as decent on my end. Weren't cats suppose to be clean?

I sat down on his king sized bed and looked around. Movies were sprinkled throughout the mess on the floor and a poster of August Burns Red was slightly askew against the beige walls that had some holes in it. What the fuck does he do in here?! Huffing in frustration, I hop off the bed to start cleaning a little when I trip and nearly face planted to the ground. Catching my balance quickly I looked down to see what almost made me have a face full of dirty Spongebob boxers...really Jared? My eyebrows raised at what I saw.

A sketch book.

During all this time I've known him, I've never seen him take an interest in any form of art. Curiosity burned within me as I bent to scoop in up so that I held the thick worn leather bound in my hands. The cover did look oddly familiar but I couldn't quite place it. I unbuckled the strap and opened it to the first page and gasped at what I saw. It was me, an almost exact replica of Kyle. I was wearing my favorite blue tee and old jeans sitting in one of the bar stools we had for the kitchen . And yes, there was color. He somehow managed to capture all the different colors that blended in with my natural hair, and carefully drew the mahogany lock that escaped my pony tail and fell on my forehead right over my eyes. My gaze was elsewhere in the distance lost in thought, a soft smile gently turned my full lips upward. It was amazingly detailed, so very realistic that it almost stole my breath. I even had a bottle of blood securely dangling from the two fingers I had on either side of the opening, my am lax. My other hand cushioned my chin holding my head up.

I went go change the page, when I heard a rustle behind me. My back stiffened at his voice.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jared raged as he snatched the book from my hands and ran gentle fingers over the cover. His sea foam green eyes swam with a stormy emotion and he raked a hand through his disheveled white blond strands. His lip was busted and his knuckles were bruised. He handled the book as if it were precious and placed it on an empty spot on the nightstand.