Chapter eighteen

Chapter eighteen

WARNING: NOT EDITED

***Caleb's POV***

Jared frowned and his shoulders slightly slumped. "He doesn't need me," he murmured pushing his ash blond hair out of his face looking at Kyle sternly. "He's got you now, you dip shit."

Kyle seemed confused with the insult but he didn't let it faze him. "Let's talk about this like adults for a minute Amory. Can we do that?" Jared stiffened at his true last name.

"Don't fucking act like you don't know me because you don't. Just a few days ago you couldn't even remember yourself so I'd appreciate it if you left it at 'Parker' because that's who I am now. Jared Amory died a long time ago."

"Does Caleb know you? Or have you just been a coward into hiding who you truly are to my brother? You guys seem close.."Kyle didn't look to happy about the face but carried on anyways, "and I bet he doesn't know the first thing about you or you him."

I gulped. Yes I did. I knew that he loved to dance when he got drunk. I knew he couldn't eat fries without dipping them in a milkshake which I always thought was really gross. How he loved to swim in his natural tiger form the most and he couldn't help but be a cynical smartass at times. I knew he hid some deep pain inside himself but was too stubborn to talk about it. That behind is tough guy exterior he really cared and was a good friend. My best friend.

"What do you know about him?!" Jared exploded. "You haven't been with him in centuries! You might as well not even know him! How much of a clean freak he is because everything must be in its proper place. That he doesn't like the smell of flowers because it remind him of something awful." Kyle's face blanched at that probably remembering like I was the last time we were together in the field of budding flowers before he was taken from me. I could never stomach the smell of them after that. Maybe he couldn't either. 

"That he can't go to sleep ever without whispering your fucking name every night. Well, I suppose he doesn't have to now that Kyle The Great finally walks among us. And now I'm a piece of shit everyone seems to have forgotten." My heart sank. Was I too involved with Kyle to not see I was hurting my friend. "Do you even know how lucky you are? And you take it all for granted you son of a bitch."

Kyle bared his fangs and growled, "I have never taken him for granted! Of course I know how lucky I am...and you're wrong. I still know my brother in ways you will never know.." He gave Jared a meaningful look and I blushed as Jared paled. "But Jared...he's mine. I..." The look he gave Jared was one filled with pity. "I don't share. I can't. Not Caleb."

Jared lunged at him and punched him in the face. And Kyle let him. I was so shocked that I couldn't move. I couldn't fucking move. I narrowed my eyes as I really attempted to but I felt the now familiar restraint from the invisible barrier Kyle put around me last time. He was forcing me to stay back again! I growled under my breath but kept quiet. Kyle pushed Jared back and dodged a kick to the balls Jared almost successfully delivered. Jared gasped as Kyle landed a hard punch in his gut. They tumbled to the floor and Jared slammed his boot against Kyle's nose causing a river of blood to pour out.