Home Sweet Home

Percy was pleasantly surprised to find the goddess had been correct. Instead of hateful glares, the hunters looked at him with more surprise than anything else; maybe even a slight bit of awe at the fact he had managed to fight his way through Tartarus with an injured Reyna and even gain enough allies to secure their escape when they were confronted by the Primordial Tartarus himself.

He sat around the fire, grudgingly giving the hunters an in depth account of their exploits when someone cleared their throat behind him. He turned and found his 'mother' watching him with amusement.

"My lady," he said bowing his head to the goddess.

Venus bit back a smirk, "Now there is no need for that, son."

Percy cracked a small smile, "My apologies, mother."

Reyna made her way to Percy's side, bowing her head to the goddess as well. Venus looked between the two of them unable to keep the smile from her face.

"Ah, young love." She sighed. "It's such a beautiful thing. I wish I could take credit for this but sadly I was unaware of your little budding romance."

Reyna's face began to redden before Percy cleared his throat trying to break up the moment before it could get any more awkward.

"Shouldn't we be returning to New Rome?"

Venus rolled her eyes but nodded nonetheless. Percy and Reyna both waved their goodbyes to the hunters before the goddess grabbed their shoulders and vanished into a blinding light.

They opened their eyes when the feeling of being torn apart finally stopped. They found themselves at the entrance of Camp Jupiter, the guards on duty were staring at them with mouths agape.

Soon horns sounded and the gates opened as legionnaires crowded the entrance looking in awe at the two thought to be dead Centurions. Before they could make it far into camp, a familiar looking large wolf stepped in front of them, sniffing the air around them as if to find some kind of trickery.

"Impossible." Lupa growled in their minds. "No demigods could escape Tartarus."

Venus, who had appeared with a hood up walking behind the two demigods, stepped forward and dropped her hood as the demigods gasped at the sight of the Olympian Goddess.

"The rules for most demigods do not apply to my son or his companion." She said with a slight edge to her voice, glaring down at the minor goddess for the perceived insult.

Lupa's body began to glow until she stood in the form of a beautiful young woman in a silver outfit similar to that of the hunters.

"Lady Venus," Lupa said respectfully.

Before the wolf goddess could continue, Venus spoke again.

"My son has clawed his way out of Tartarus along with Reyna. They have overcome many hardships and do not need questioning. I know of their experiences and I will tell you of their journey as they have already done so to myself and the other gods." She said as she waved her hand and Percy and Reyna vanished, reappearing inside the Fifth Cohort barracks where a few members of Percy's cohort who had missed the commotion sat around, looks of depression and sadness of their faces.

"So, who pissed your Cheerios this morning guys?" Percy said trying not to laugh.

Every head in the room snapped up and looked at the duo in disbelief. No one seemed to be able to find their voices as they stared uncomprehendingly.

"Jack? Reyna?" A voice said in shock from behind them.

They both turned and found Jason staring at them with his mouth agape and a look of utter disbelief on his face.