Meeting Mom(s)

Ch. 22

Thud

Thud

Thud

Percy tried to drown the noise out of his mind. He had never been so tired in his short yet stressful life. His body begged him for rest, to sleep for just another day… or two.

Thud

Thud

Thud

His hands went to his ears, desperate for silence so he could rest. His only thoughts were focused on sleep, he needed it, it felt like it had been days.

Thud

Thud

He jolted up, a furious expression on his face. He looked around for whoever or whatever was making that insufferable ruckus and depriving him of his much needed rest.

Then his face went slack. He looked around and became utterly confused as to where he even was. Slowly his mind seemed to come into focus, remembering the final moments in Tartarus. He looked around for Reyna frantically before stopping when he noticed the beautiful woman seated in a throne.

His memory seemed to be poking him, trying to make him remember where he was. The room did look vaguely familiar but not somewhere he knew well. Then again, he wasn't surprised since this place looked like a palace and he hadn't exactly grown up on Olympus. This also wasn't Olympus. He had seen the throne room on Olympus and it was put to shame by the place he was in now.

The woman cleared her throat loudly, breaking Percy from his musings.

He looked at her confused, positive he had never met her before.

"No, I suspect you wouldn't recognize me Percy Jackson." She said in a cold tone.

Percy took another look at her. She had the most beautiful golden hair he had ever seen; startling green eyes, a lithe, athletic body covered in light armor. In her hand was a spear that she began to tap against the floor, a look of impatience evident on her face.

"Oh shit." Percy muttered as realization dawned on him.

The woman smirked a little at his look, "I see you finally figured it out."

Percy dropped to a knee, keeping his eyes on the floor, "My apologies Lady Sif."

She didn't say anything for a minute, taking a good look at the bastard son of her husband. Percy was sure he was about to get killed but the goddess broke him from those thoughts as she began to speak.

"Stand up, Percy Jackson. I am not here to harm you."

Percy slowly got to his feet, looking at the goddess nervously.

"I died, didn't I?" Percy said remembering the pain he felt when Tartarus blasted him.

Sif gave him a quizzical look, "And what? This is your Hel?"

Percy quickly realized that probably didn't sound right but his step-mother held up her hand to stop him from trying to explain better.

"To tell you the truth, you are dying. Invulnerability or not, the power of a Primordial is enough to kill any demigod."

His face lost all color, "Reyna, did she get out? Is she out of Tartarus?"

Sif gave me a small smile at his question, "Yes, she is free. Her leg is still broken but she is out of Tartarus and back in the mortal world."

Some of the blood returned to Percy's face, "Good, thank Odin. So what now, I mean I'm dying, but why am I in Asgard? I assume you must have brought me here and if you aren't going to kill me, I am confused of what service I can be to you milady."