Legacy of Asgard

Ch. 1 Prologue

The sky was dark and the overcast skies provided little light from the moon and stars as a young teen made her way through the wooded part of the Central Park. She looked around fifteen but if one were to glance into her eyes, they showed her true age, the eyes of a woman who had seen more days than a normal mortal could comprehend. Her pace was quick as she searched for any sign of her companions. They had become separated after being ambushed by a group of dark creatures and she had somehow managed to end up far away from the place of their conflict.

As she moved through the trees, little gleams of silver from her parka were all that one could make out in the dim lighting. The sound of voices in the distance quickened her speed as she burst out of the tree line and came to a quick halt.

The voices had come from a group of young males, all in their late teens or early twenties. A scowl appeared on the girl's face as she laid eyes on the males before she stepped back, trying to slip back into woods quickly.

Unfortunately the males had noticed her and were all looking at her oddly.

"You lost little girl?" One of the yelled over to her.

Her scowl deepened, "Shut up boy and mind your own business." She hissed.

The teen scowled as he stepped towards the girl before his expression darkened, "That wasn't very nice you little bitch. You should be grateful for my help. Come here, now."

The look in the girl's eyes was absolutely murderous. She knew she needed to leave but she was not one to be talked to that way and simply take it in stride.

"Oh, you'll see me again. I believe the animal population will soon increase in the park." She sneered before turning around only to find two more of the teen males behind her.

They stepped forward to grab her but she dropped into a crouch and swept one of the teen's legs out from under him before she spun and delivered a punishing knee into the groin of the second.

She turned only to have a hard fist driven into her temple sending her to the ground in a daze.

"You little bitch!" The teen who had been hit in groin yelled as he kicked her hard in the ribs.

Soon she was surrounded by a dozen of these teens but in her daze from the punch they looked like blurs.

"This one has some fight in her, I'll give her that." An older male in his early twenties and who appeared to be the leader said smirking. "Perhaps I outta break her spirit." He said gesturing to two of his goonies who stepped on her wrists, pinning her to the ground.

In her half-conscious state, the girl could hear the man unbuckling the belt on his pants before thunder boomed so loudly the entire group jumped a bit before the turned back to their captive.

"Leave now." A voice said firmly from the woods making the group turn and gaze into the trees trying to find a glimpse of the owner of the voice.

The girl's vision was slowly becoming clearer but she was still pinned down by the wrists from the two men stepping on them and couldn't see into the woods. She prayed it would be a god like Apollo who happened to come across her dire situation.

The group watched the woods before laughter broke out amongst the group as a hooded figure around five foot ten stepped out of the woods.

"Go away kid unless you want to get hurt." The leader laughed.

The figure dropped his hood to reveal raven black hair and eyes that were blue but the sclera were tinted yellow and almost seemed to glow a bit in the dark night air.