Saved by the Day

Reyna couldn't believe her eyes. One minute she's seconds away from being killed by a Titan and the next she's in a completely different place, a place so bright her eyes were having a hard time adjusting.

After a minute though, her vision seemed to acclimate to her new surroundings as she looked around at the vast room she was in. Immediately, she felt a feeling of panic rise up in her. She looked around, not seeing Percy anywhere until a pained grunt directly behind her drew her attention as she quickly reached for a dagger that wasn't there.

The most beautiful woman she had ever laid eyes on had a hand on Percy's stomach, her hand giving off an ethereal light as Percy grunted in his unconscious state from the obvious pain.

"What are you doing?" Reyna snapped at the woman, ready to attack her for harming Percy.

The woman didn't look in her direction making Reyna's anger only grow. She stepped towards the woman but with a casual flick of her wrist, Reyna vanished, reappearing across the room.

Reyna ran back towards Percy but by the time she reached him, the woman was standing up. Reyna looked down at him and gasped when she saw him lying there shirtless and without any trace of the injury he had just been dealt by the Titan Polus.

The daughter of Bellona's eyes shifted to the mysterious woman who radiated power even more so than the Titan had. She had strawberry blonde hair and the bluest eyes Reyna had ever seen. Her face was regal and honestly breathtaking, even for Reyna to look at.

"W…Who are you?" She asked a little timidly.

The woman finally took her eyes off Percy and seemed to look at Reyna for the first time since she came to. Reyna's hand felt around for a dagger but the two she had had been lost in the battle with the Titan. Now she stood defenseless in front of this powerful being.

She regarded Reyna with curiosity, eying her from head to toe silently, almost as if she was judging her.

"I am Dies, to you anyway, but I prefer to be called Hemera."

Reyna felt the uncontrollable urge to drop to her knees but when her eyes landed on Percy again, she restrained herself and steeled her nerves.

"What did you do to Percy? And where are we?"

Hemera tilted her head to the side, watching Reyna closely before a small smile appeared on her face.

"I am no threat to you or young Perseus Jackson. I healed his injuries and now he is simply resting. I believe he should wake up shortly."

Reyna felt slightly relieved that Percy was healed but she was also on edge. She had not heard many tales of gods or goddesses being helpful out of the goodness of their hearts. No, they usually wanted something in return and it was rarely something that was easy to give.

Before Reyna could say anything else, Percy rolled off the couch he had been lying on as Mjolnir appeared in his hand. He quickly backed up to where Reyna stood and watched the goddess in front of him warily.

"Where are we? What do you want with us? Who are you?" He growled, still gathering his wits but ready for a fight if one broke out.

Hemera couldn't help but smile at him; only half-conscious as still ready to protect the girl with his life if he had to.

"I want nothing from you Perseus Jackson. You must relax, you were gravely injured." She said back softly before snapping her fingers as Percy vanished and reappeared back on the couch again.

Reyna quickly made her way over to him. She wanted to be close in case they needed to make a quick getaway, despite how unlikely it would be a successful one.