A Quick Trip West

Ch. 2 (One Year Later)

Perseus made his way through the Oakland Hills, looking to find this second camp Eir had mentioned to him. His adoptive mothers insisted he get a look at the other demigod camp in America. He had already scouted out Camp Half-Blood in New York but this camp's defenses were proving far superior and more difficult to get through than their Greek counterparts.

He assumed defenses were at their peak for the moment, considering the Titans were beginning to gather their forces before the war broke out.

If only they knew what was really to come.

As he skirted around the area, he could feel the magical borders of the camp shielding the view of the camp from his sight. He was about to give up when he saw two people in Roman style armor outside the borders of the camp. They were taking off towards the woods and away from camp and the city. He quickened his pace as he began to trail the duo, wondering if perhaps he could find a way to get a look at the camp through them.

He kept a distance between himself and the duo as he followed them; they walked for a good hour making him wonder where exactly it was they were heading.

Perseus' eyes widened when he saw both demigods pulled out weapons and go back to back. He crept closer until he noticed a ragged looking man surrounded by a pack of large wolves. He seemed to be mocking the demigods who both looked pale.

Perseus shook his head; so much for staying inconspicuous.

The child of Asgard held up his hand as his massive hammer, the mighty weapon of the father he had never known, materialized in his hand; lightning flashed across his eyes as he felt the familiar power of Mjolnir in his hand. The weapon literally pulsed with a hidden power he could feel as he held it, a feeling he relished in. A mini bolt of lightning hit Perseus, covering his body in armor.

He looked back up to see one of the wolves skulking towards the demigods before he hurled the weapon towards the standoff. It flew with speed and crushed the tree next the wolves and sent it crashing causing the group of wolves to scatter to avoid it.

Mjolnir flew back into his hand as he continued walking towards the group as the wolves gathered around their leader who remained in his human form. He knew this must be Lycaon, King of the Werewolves. His adoptive mothers had forced him to learn all about the Greek and Roman mythologies so he knew what it was he would find in the world today. They warned him that the werewolf and his pack were known to frequent the area around the Roman demigod camp.

He stopped a few feet away from the demigods as his eyes stayed glued on the pack of werewolves.

"Be gone from this place beast! Your meal has been cancelled." Perseus growled.

Lycaon looked at him in confusion before he barred his fangs in a malicious grin.

"No, it appears it has just gotten larger. Come forth little demigod, if you dare."

Perseus raised Mjolnir to the sky as thunder boomed overhead. One of the demigods gasped but was ignored by Perseus as a bolt came down on one of the wolves as it stalked towards him. The beast was blasted to pieces before Perseus slid a bracelet off his wrist and a pure silver sword materialized in his hand, making the wolves halt for a second.

Perseus smirked, "Do the mutts not like my sword? I brought it just to show you in case we crossed paths."

"Who are you?" Lycaon roared.

Perseus narrowed his eyes, "I am the last child of Asgard, and I believe my patience with you and your monsters is running thin."

"Impossible," Lycaon growled. "No child like that has existed in millennia."