Chapter Eighteen

The bright sun trickled throught Bettys pale curtains, dancing upon Jugheads hair. Slowly, as time passed, moving down his face towards his eyes. It blinded him , awakening him from his slumber. Slowly his eyes adjusted from a fuzzy blur into a clear picture. At first he was startles, he didnt recognise his souroundings as one of the possible three locations he had been known to crash. Within seconds, he recolection of the previous night came back to his memory.

He had spent the night with her! Betty Cooper. Although nothing happened ( he would never take advantage of her whilst shes in such a vunerable stage of her life, despite himself finding his mind wandering), they spent the night close cuddling , embrasing each another. And he was over the moon, his heart estatic, a proud feeling washed over him. A smug grin washed over his face.

He turned his head to the right , revealing his sleeping beauty . Her body tuened towards him, her body resting upon his right arm snuggly. As he woke he did not even realise his inability to move his right arm, his head was in another place- with her. Her eyes were shut tight, her mind in a tate of sleep.

Jughead glanced at the retro diner clock above Bettys dresser hung on the wall, it was five thirty. He didnt need to wake Betty up for another good half of an hour. So he relaxed , setteling back comfertably on Bettys bed, although it was only slightly larger than a single bed, it fit the two of them perfectly . Like their bodies were made persifically for one another.

Given his new found free time, he decied to persue his time wisely. While he had the chance , he took in his surroundings.

He focused on her. And all the features he loved. He focused on the way her button nose had the odd freckle on the end. How her eyes lids seemed to sparkle despite the fact she wore no make up at the time. He focused on her pale skin, the way it glowed in the morning sun. He focused on the fair her hair was wildly sprawn out across the pillow, yet it seemed like each hair was miraculiously placed to excentuate her face and all its beautiful features.

Lying there with her, he could arguably say he fell even deeper in love with.

Her eye lids began to flutter as the sun moved upon them. Simmilarly hers eyes adjusted , to her the world had already seemed amazing. Polly was safe as far as she knew, and then  she looked up. And the world grew to perfection. Their eyes met , in a moment of beauty and silence. Grins grew across both of their pale faces.

"Hey there ..." Betty laughed .

"Hey there sleepy head." His cute nick name forcing her heart to grow arms to hug itself. The stayed in one anothers embrace, savouring the little time they had to spend on purely one another.

Abruptly, Bettys automatic alarm for six am rang loudly startling them both. Forcing them to jump out of the warm bed into the cold bedroom that sorounds it. Internally Betty scolded herself, wishing she never kept the alarm, that way she could spend more time in his arms.

A laugh broke out between them for their false scare , as Betty stopped the lourd ringing noise.

" Im going to sneak back through the open window Archie left me last night, and get a shower and some fresh clothes , and Ill meet you outside your house." He smiled.

"Yeah, sure ill see you then." An unexpected wave of internal sadness hit her that he was leaving her alone.

Before making his way out of her bay window, he softly kissed her lips.

And then he was gone...

And she felt alone once again..

Being with him had turned her world on its axis. She had experienced feelings she didnt even know she had, and she had fell on some hardships. But she wouldnt have it any other way.

She loved him. She greatly did, not in a way that could possibly be expressed through words. She just needed to tell him, as soon as she got the nerve.

Time was ticking by, and she needed to get showered. But first she needed to return the tossed sheets to their home in the attic. In case her parents were to find them and question her needs for them. She dragged the suprisingly weighty shhets into the hall. Peering out of the small window it holds. Her parents car was gone once again. It had been three days since she last saw them in person, but still she wasnt ready to face them.

She draggedthe large piles of cotton across the harsh slippery laminate. Pulling down the ladders and mounting them was equally as hard. By the time she reached the attic the smaal of her back ached tremendously. Still dressed in last nights atire , she was ready for a shower. But as she was preparing to leave, the pile of loose disgareded papers sat promenantly in the corner. She had tried her hardest to remove them from her memory, but they were embeded within it. Neither herself or Jughead actually had time to look through the evidance, which actually would be tremendously helpful to their investigation.

Allowing her curiosity to get the better of her, she pulled back the papers sifting through them.

Alot of it was outdated, what they already knew. But then she came across something...

A photograph depicting a lump sum of cash hidden in a brief case with a small note resting upon itself. It read:

Serpent,

                  For the job.

Betty was smart. She knew what this meant.

It meant what her and Jughead had feared all along. That the serpents were involved in Jasons death all along. It also created the issue of weather they would begin to investigate his Dad with the already delicate subject it is. Could F.P be invloved in Jasons murder? It would break Jughead.

The new found evidance also opens up the question as to why sheriff Keller didnt utilise this evidance. Why he didnt investigate into the Serpents or realease this information to the public as he did with other piecesof evisance such as the fact that the killer attended Riverdale High.

Who was he protecting? Joaquin? Why? Is that what he was doing at the Sheriffs house? 

Betty leaned back flustered. So many questions circulated her mind. This would change their investigaion and possibly Jugheads attitude toward the case.

Its true what they say.. Curiosity did kill the cat.