Chapter 3.

I entered his place in the dark.

I stepped forward barely then fell over.

I felt something glided along my waist and I stopped mid air.

Luke stood in back of me holding me up right.

“Nice catch.” I mumbled.

“Yes I know.” He said flipping on the lights.

I winced slightly and took in the scene. It was mostly clean since he does keep his stuff neat like me. That was a plus.

I saw paintings line the floor and walls and random places in the living room.

“These yours?” I asked picking up one. It was a mesh of different things.

He nodded grinning slightly.

I walked over to the couch and sat not knowing what to do.

“I should call Michelle to let her know I’m staying here shouldn’t I?” I asked him.

He set down the laundry bag and my messenger bag by the entrance to the kitchen.

“No you shouldn’t actually.” He said from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and was about to speak when he cut me off.

“Don’t role your eyes Caroline.” I opened my mouth to speak again when he said “I know you better than you remember?” I grinned at him for remembering our earlier conversation.

“Yeah I remember.” I heard movement and then nothing.

“Luke what are you doing?”

“Nothing…” he said like he was hiding something.

“Luke…” I said standing up.

“I’m getting the first aid kit sit down!” he called from down a long hallway.

“Yes sir!” I said sitting back down. He came out and pulled up my pants.

He looked at me and then bandaged up the wounds.

I got up going over to the bag of clothes. I wanted some sweats or something loose besides me jeans.

I came up short.

“Do you have clothes I could sleep in? I only have my work clothes.” I said turning to him.

“Yeah second drawer in my room.” He called out from the kitchen.

 I wandered down the hall into his room.

His room was messier than the living room but not by much. He too had clothes lying around, like me, and I walked over them to the second drawer.

I opened it to see basketball shorts and sweats.

I took out the shorts that looked the smallest and unzipped my pants.

I shimmied out of them throwing them on the floor when I heard the door open.

Luke entered walking to the night stand on the opposite side of the room.

“LUKE GET OUT!!!” I yelled at him. He turned around shocked to see me then looked at my legs.

“LOOK AWAY!!” I screamed slightly. He looked away turning around nervous for what was next.

I slipped on the shorts and then grabbed one of his t-shirts.

I ran out of the room and into the bathroom.

I sat on the toilet seat calming my heart rate. It was beating so fast that I thought I’d have a heart attack.

I slipped off my shirt and put on his feeling so much drier and comfy. His clothes smelt like him.