Chapter 29 - Beginning to Trust Again

When Matt woke up, his body was in a funny position. His arm was tucked under Kristen's body, his head twisted upwards, his legs curled around her own. His breath almost hitched in his throat. She was so close to him that his brain had to focus properly until he fully realised. His other hand lay across her side and pressed against her chest gently.

He really didn't know if Kristen slept or not. Did vampires sleep? It made sense if they did because they'd have to rest at some point. Maybe it was just like a coma thing. 

Kristen was just weird and slept at night instead. 

It was probably easier to keep her pattern as normal as possible so Matt couldn't blame her for that.

She was so still that Matt could have mistaken her as a block of marble. Her fingers were clutching his against the bed whilst other other hand was under the pillow. Matt didn't want to wake her up, if she wasn't already awake, but he could hardly concentrate properly.

His legs were hitched so that her thighs touched his own, her body curving perfectly into his. He could feel her bum pressing into him and his heart sped up as he realised. She was still wearing his old top but it had crinkled upwards throughout their sleep and now Matt could feel her slender bare waist and hip bone against his arm.

Swallowing, he moved his free hand gently towards himself.

But she twitched, making Matt dust his fingers across her legs. He froze as his hand skimmed her thigh. Kristen made a soft sound and Matt relaxed slowly. She was still 'sleeping' but she could definitely feel him. He gently pressed his fingers onto her thigh then skimmed them upwards so that they tickled the bend before her hip. 

She sighed and seemed to relax further than possible. Enjoying the reactions he was getting, he ran his fingers along her hip, skipping across her underwear and danced them along her waist. Her hips twitched and she seemed to push herself closer to him as she did do. He continued up her rib cage and then moved his fingertips across to lightly draw patterns against her stomach. His lips pressed delicately against her neck and the top of her shoulder which was slightly exposed.

Kristen mumured but he should tell that she liked it. Matt was enjoying it too much to process on whether she'd wake up from it or not. The top she was wearing really didn't stop his fingers in the slightest and he took great pleasure pulling it up further so that he could reach her stomach more.

Finally he froze as Kristen twisted herself round, her eyes still closed, so that she could face Matt. He looked into her face for a few minutes, studying her features, then proceeded to wander his eyes further down to her neck. If he looked under the cover, he could breifly see her legs and exposed hips.

Matt breathed in as his heart sped up. 

She was beautiful but he shouldn't be doing this. He hadn't had a girl in his bed for so long.

He lifted his hand and gently pushed Kristen's hair out of her face. Eventually, her eyes fluttered open and she stared at him as he did it, half with shock and half with pleasure. Her eyes searched his and he saw her lift her hand as she placed it against his warm cheek.

"Hey." She said and smiled. A genuine smile.

"Hi."

"Did you sleep alright?" 

Matt nodded and dropped his hand so that it lay between them, if it was possible. Kristen quickly lifted his hand back up and placed it on her hip bone. He fiddled with the edge of her underwear nervously.

Nervously? Was he suddenly losing himself?

Matt was never nervous!

Kristen smiled and leaned forward to kiss him and his nerves suddenly disappeared as he dug his fingers into her and dragged her closer to deepen it. She clutched at the back of his head to hold him in place and pulled one of her legs around him and pushed herself closer. Matt gasped as he realised the position and pulled back slightly but Kristen held on and kissed him gently again.