Chapter 7 - Waiting Around for Nothing

WARNING: MIGHT HAVE SOME DISGUSTING DESCRIPTIVE WRITING INVOLVED - If you don't like it then just miss the first few paragraphs. THANK YOU

---------------------

Matt arched his back in the living room and gave a howl of pain as he was ripped apart from the inside out. Yes, it was as nasty as it sounded. It made him cringe even when he thought about it. He thought by now that he would have got used to the pain but it always seemed to be as bad as the last time. He hated the fact that he had to change every single night. Wasn't a werewolf supposed to only change on the full moon? He was obviously different there as well. 

Typical.

He struggled as the clock chimed and his eyes widened and narrowed before stretching into a dog like shape. He arched again and it looked as if he was almost about to throw up. He definitely felt like he was going to throw up. His claws ripped off his fingernails and he screamed, panting and crying with pain. Hair grew all over his body and he dropped to all fours, slowly becoming the monster he’d rather not be.

          Once done, he blinked and stretched out his paws. Great. His stomach gave a growl and he shook his head, his hair waving in the process like a head-and-shoulders advert, Matt thought humorously.

Now, what to do first? He’d already decided that he would look for the misty stuff and find out what it was. It was starting to annoy him not knowing and he wondered yet again whether Kristen was behind it all or whether it was all just coincidence.

Of course, it would only be coincidence because Kristen was a weak little human and, as far as he knew, the only thing that really existed was werewolves and he only knew that because he was one himself, though he'd never seen another one before.

That didn't surprise him much, considering as he hardly moved around much.

          So either he'd go searching for the thing and probably never find it or he'd go hunting and fill his rumbling stomach. He was hungry. He had just ripped out of his skin after all. Things like that needed energy. Even if he hadn't, he would probably still be hungry, Matt thought and smirked.

His stomach gave another growl as if trying to encourage him. He whimpered back at it and sat down, itching his ear with his left foot. No, he would be strong. He needed to find that misty thing and find out what it was otherwise he may not have another chance...

          That’s if he could find whatever it was. He was gathering that it wasn’t going to be easy. It had escaped pretty quickly last time and so this time he was prepared for it. He knew what he was looking for this time. So what if it was smoke and see through? He was sure that if he got his paws into it, it would be easy to discover what it was. There was always the chance that he wouldn’t be able to grab it but everything he’d tried so far at being a werewolf had worked so maybe because of what he was he would be able to capture it.

          It was worth a shot anyway. He shook himself again then jumped to his paws and sprinted out into the road, the wind whipping his hair back from his face. Where was there to look though? He didn't even know where to start. Even if the thing was out tonight, it could been anywhere. Matt knew nothing about it, after all, and so he had no idea on it's behaviour or it's goals when it roamed the town.

He glanced from left to right and hesitated for a moment, wondering where to start. Maybe it was best if he started from where he had first saw it. That was the most logical starting point.

          Matt shot himself down the road and into the trees, rushing to the place where he had last seen the stuff. His tongue hung out of his mouth and he didn’t even bother to curl it in. No one was going to see him so he didn't need to. Even those who saw him wouldn't recognise and would probably think they were seeing things. Who would notice a stuck out tongue instead of a huge monster of a wolf roaming the streets at night?