Chapter 21 - The Confession

Okay you guys this is where Im just writing from scratch so please bear with me on how long these chapters are and when they're uploaded because it could be a while. 

Happy Reading!

----------------------------------------

What was he doing?

Was he insane?

Had he finally lost the plot?

Here he was, walking along in wolf form with a Kristen and he was about to go home.

Home. With Kristen. As a wolf. To his house.

Alone.

Yep, he had definitely lost it. 

There was nothing he could do now, though. With her hand threaded into the fur at the back of his neck and her ribs pushing against his shoulderblades, he couldn't even imagine turning her away now. 

They weren't even far from his house. He didn't need to slow down in order for her to keep up. Luckily she was a quick walker and kept up the pace with ease. As they progressed down the roads, Kristen continued to look around as if she'd never seen the street at night before. He was sure that she'd looked around at the beginning of her moving into the area but obviously she didn't go through the place thoroughly enough if she never came down these roads.

It was dark but people still littered the pavements. Drunkards or families slowly made their way home from a busy evening out and leisurely took their time doing so. Luckily, Matt was able to crouch down low enough to not be noticed too much. He still attracted attention but, with Kristen by his side, the wall by his other, he was able to half shrink into the shadows and half look like a decent, if not huge, house dog.

As they made it onto his street, he looked up at Kristen and nuzzled her side slightly. She had been daydreaming so the movement startled her, but it caught her attention and she studied the area, her eyes suddenly popping wide. "Hey, I know this place. Do you live around here?"

Matt gave a whine in agreement and slowed down his walking. He really didn't know what was going through his mind. Though he knew it was a bad idea, he couldn't stop himself from propelling his way forwards towards his house.

Surely she'd figured it out by now. Maybe she just thought he was a dog...

Matt slowed to a stop just outside his house and took a deep breath. He was being absolutely ridiculously stupid but he couldn't stop. He'd already brought her to his house. The damage was done. 

Kristen turned, wondering why the dog had stopped walking and looked up at the house they had stopped at, her eyebrows frowning in calculated frustration. She looked from Matt to the house and then pointed, as if it wasn't obvious enough. "Do you live here? But I thought..."

She didn't finish her sentence. Instead, she walked up to the front door and knocked. When there was no answer, she pushed slightly on the door and it opened. Matt never really was afraid of someone robbing him whilst he was out. He would have been able to track them down in a heartbeat anyway.

Matt followed her as Kristen stepped into the house and made her way immediately into the living room. Her eyes scanned the sofa and then the TV before finally the stairs and the walls. Watching her eyes, Matt swallowed and jumped on the sofa, pushing his head into the arm of it.

"Are you sure this is your house?" Kristen asked as she wandered into the kitchen then back out of it. "I'm so confused. I thought this was someone..." She spotted a picture frame by the stairs and picked it up.

Matt winced.

Slowly, Kristen put her hand to her mouth and then lowered it again, staring at the younger version of Matt, cuddling his little sister, his parents in the background. That had been a brilliant day at the park. Matt whined in loss and pain.