Chapter 2 - History Class with Kristen Ambrosine

Matt was dreading first lesson. Now he knew that he literally had all of Kristen’s classes except for one, he wasn’t going to escape from her easily. It was alright when it came to out-of-class times but in classrooms he wasn’t sure how he was going to cope. He would probably die if she was placed next to him in history.

Well, not literally, but her scent would be so overwhelming that he probably wouldn't be able to breathe properly without being suffocated. For the past year, he'd sat completely on his own in every single class he had. No one wanted to associate with him and that was completely fine. Now that Kristen had joined, he worried about whether she would ever catch on and leave him alone like everyone else. Would the rumours push her away?

He bloody hoped so.

         Inside the deserted classroom where he now stood, he could see through the closed door as if it was glass. The corridors continued to be swamped with students rushing off in all directions.

All except one.

Kristen was in the middle, looking flustered and being pushed around like she was a ball in a game of pass. Her planner was now in her hands and she was scanning it furiously, trying to figure out where the history class was.

          Now, like some people, Matt didn’t like helping new students. He continued to watch her get more and more anxious, rather than to help her out. He got some kind of sick enjoyment out of other people's problems. Of course, he was in no rush to get to class. He knew he would get there on time the way he always did.

Even if he didn't, he thought, the teachers never paid any attention to him anyway. They'd began to ignore him in interactive lessons due to the fact that Matt never participated with the activities. It suited Matt just fine. He didn't even need to listen in lesson anymore. The exams were just too easy to pass for him.

However, despite all of that, it wasn’t good to leave for class until the very last minute because late students would certainly see him whipping past them like a bullet to get there. He'd rather wait until the last possible moment to prevent being knocked into by stupid little kids running round near his feet...regardless of whether they were his age or not.

          The corridors started to thin and Matt watched as Kristen became more flustered and walked from one side of the corridor to the other. Guilt was starting to hover over him but he forced it away. He didn’t want the trouble. She would find her way eventually. Some kind person would come over and help her, surely. He grabbed the handle just in case and slowly began to turn it. Though he didn't like the girl, he could help her this one time.

          It clicked and still there was no one to help her. He sighed with annoyance and opened the door slightly to see her properly, her eyes starting to get tearful. He opened it more and watched as she scanned her timetable again quickly, looking for a clue that wasn’t there.

“Are you alright?”

Matt quickly smacked the door shut and held his breath as it made a loud noise. He saw Kristen look over but her attention was diverted by a midnight black haired girl with brown eyes like saucers. Matt recognised her instantly as Laura, one of the most popular girls in the school. He narrowed his eyes but continued to watch, confused at why Laura would suddenly decide to be nice to a new girl. So he could hear the conversation better, he turned off his iPod and tucked his jacket away into his bag.

“Hey, no Im lost.” Kristen sighed with relief and smiled at Laura gratefully.

Laura, being Laura, smirked back and shook her head as if she knew all about it. “Im Laura. What’s your name?”