Moment

Good and Evil

Light and Darkness

Heaven and Hell

Goddesses and Demons

Many people perceive the world we live in through monochromatic glasses.

Glasses which only identify everything as either white or black.

The world however, isn't as simple as that.

No, the world is a combination of different shades of gray and so many other colors.

While those of the Goddess clan are revered and glorified, the Demon clan is shunned and loathed due to the actions of some of their brethren.

Goodness or wickedness in anyone can only be measured by their own actions and not by the actions of those associated with them.

Just as a good man's son isn't inherently good because of his father, so is a child not despicable despite coming from a cursed race.

Despite the differences and grievances all races may have with one another, they all share one quality which binds them together:

The ability to Love

___________________________________________________________

Onyx eyes gaze woefully at the bundle in his arms, tucking a stray strand of (Hair Color) hair behind the toddler's ear.

This would be the last time he'd be able to hold his daughter again, because of circumstances that did not allow him to live the happy and peaceful life he wished he could have with his child.

Wasn't it a parent's duty to love and care for their child until they grow up and start their own families? And yet why was fate so cruel as to rip them apart? To prevent him from watching her grow up into a beautiful woman? From seeing her walk down the aisle and towards her new life?

Fate was a cruel mistress indeed

The blond male engraved his daughter's features in his mind and allowed himself to imagine what she would look like when she becomes older. He wonders how much she'll look like her mother and how many men he'll have to fend off of her once she reaches maturity.

"I'm so sorry, (Name)...but Papa is going to have to say goodbye to you soon. I promised your Mama that I'll protect the both of you, but I broke that promise and... I'm going to have to break another promise"

He sighed exasperatedly, feeling the despair clawing at his heart at what he was about to do. No, he shouldn't despair because of what he was about to do and should be thankful for the chance to give his child the chance to live in a safe and peaceful environment.

Gently caressing the soft tufts of (Hair Color) hair, the male pressed a feather-light kiss upon the toddler's forehead before pulling back, dark eyes connecting with (Eye Color) orbs.

Soft and innocent laughter escaped the child's mouth at the affection, causing her father's own lips to form a smile at the sheer purity and innocence his daughter possessed.

Making him realize all the more that he cannot let her live in this prison where she would be tainted and corrupted.

Despite how much it would kill him inside to be parted from her, he knows it must be done for her own good, but for now...

He would enjoy these last few moments with (Name).

With that, the blond started rocking the little girl in his arms and sang tenderly to her for what was undoubtedly the final time.

How does a moment last forever?

How can a story never die?

It is love we must hold onto

Never easy, but we try

Sometimes our happiness is captured

Somehow, our time and place stand still

Love lives on inside our hearts and always will...