22

Crystal woke in a bare room with Flame in their human forms. Crystal flipped her white hair away from her face and looked around for Labra. He had been taken from her.

Crystal was about to scream when the...speakers. The speakers turned on. Crystal didn't even know dragons had speakers. They didn't have...technology. They had to have humans somewhere.

"Attention," the voice said. "Begin experiment A. Let the breeding commence."

Flame and Crystal looked at each other.

"No," they said simultaneously.

Ew...

"Where's Labra?" Crystal asked. She heard other voices through the speaker, before they were cut off.

"We will get to all of your questions later. For now, we must begin experiment A. Or someone will die."

"Flame, as much as I'd not like to, I have no interest in you," Crystal said. "Now, we have to get out of here."

"How? The door is locked. Neither of us have any power to change back. The stones have been taken." Flame made a valid point.

"Well...there has to be a way." Crystal walked to the mirror and stared at herself. Her eyes looked tired. There were bags and they were dull, no longer possessing the brightness they had once had even when she was living the hard life back with the other ice dragons.

"Hey," Flame said, his voice turning soft. "What is with you and the little thing? Labra, you call it."

"First of all, he's not an it," Crystal growled. "Second...he was given to me. By the Gem Queen. I thought his egg was a stone like yours, but then he hatched a day or two ago. But for some reason, he still possesses the powers of the stones, all I need to do is ask."

"He's still a little dragon or whatever we are now. Does Labra even know how to fend for himself?"

"No...he doesn't. The Gem Queen gave him to me. She might be behind all this, but I still want to protect the kid."

"I see," Flame said.

"Really?"

"Yes...no."

Crystal glared and went back to her face. "No matter what, I'm keeping him safe."

"Well, let's get out of here. We're going to need to to get him, right?"

"Yeah," Crystal said, smiling for the first time in that room. "We are."