11

Crystal stopped suddenly. She heard the labored breathing of someone trying very hard to be sneaky. Crystal readied herself and very quietly snuck to a dark alcove high above her head. She silently flew up and got rid of the snow that had appeared. She looked down for a second and then pressed herself back against the curved wall.

"The trail ends here!" Crystal heard the voice of Tempest, the stormwing. "We have to find that Icewing!"

Even from her hiding spot high above the dragons Crystal could feel the burning heat of Flame and his fire. "I agree. An Icewing could spell doom for us all!"

I would never do something like that!

"Didn't the monarchy make sure that no Icewing would ever be born? That's why the Ice population problem was never fixed."

Wait what?

"Stop talking and find it!" Oak bellowed. Jeez he's loud.

They referred to me as it. I'm not an it! I'm a dragon! A dragonwing!

When Crystal was sure they were gone, she made her way to the freezer, where she could feel a little bit more at home. This time she made sure to keep her dark scales from creating a trail.

The door was hard to open but once she got inside, she went to the darkest and coldest corner of the room. Legend had it that the last true Ice Queen had blessed each clan with the coldest room she could produce. It would never warm.

Crystal sighed and tucked her tail around her claws. At least if they find out who I am here, I'll die where I want to be.