10

"Get your tail over here." Tempest whisper-yelled furiously. "We're going to get caught." Nightmare was attempting to swing from the very rare, very expensive, purple gemstone chandelier. "How in the blazing mountains did you even get up there?"

Nightmare just shrugged. There was a popping noise and a purple gemstone rested in his black claws. He turned around and with a quick flick of his dark wings, landed next to Tempest. "We should be getting back." He whispered and tugged on her elbow.

They raced quickly through the long halls, keeping their wings in close to their bodies. Then ahead of her, Nightmare froze. He was looking at something on the floor. Tempest craned her long neck to see over his shoulder and saw something she didn't want to see. A clear trail of pristine white snow was left in a snaking pattern down the entire hall. It looked as if it was made by a tail print.

"Icewing." They both breathed simultaneously. An icewing could be a threat to the entire dragon world. Tempest never saw one up close or knew what they looked like. Only that they controlled snow and breathed burning ice. Storm dragons could easily take one down with two, but if there were more, it could be the end of the dragon race as we know it.