Chapter TWENTY-FIVE

Last chapter guys!!! CRI

Micah's POV*

I... did he.. what just..

He's gone?

A thousand thoughts ran through my head; Did that mean, no? Was he rejecting me? Did I scare him? Does he feel like it's too fast? How did this happen? Why did he look so scared?

I felt pang after pang of sadness hit my chest, he ran away from me.

He ran away from me.

Slowly standing up, tears close to falling, I started on my journey back home, rejection making my head hang low.

He was... right there...

Now he's gone.

***

Blake's POV*

I was enjoying the date, the food was amazing, the way he set the place up was breathtaking and everything was.... perfect. So perfect. I couldn't ask for anything better.

Even with the embarrassment running through me as he took pictures, I smiled. I was too blown away not too. After everything, he's still so perfect. He still makes me feel safe. He's home.

Suddenly, something cold and wet hit my nose. My face scrunched up in confusion and I looked up, trying to find the source. It was then that I realized it was raining. I laughed in content; I love the rain.

I looked over to Micah to see him frowning but it didn't damper my mood, I continued laughing and, on its own, my body forced itself up, my hands outstretched to feel the cool water of the sky. My face hurting from the smile stretching my lips.

I looked over to Micah once more, in hopes of sharing my happiness when I noticed he was slowing getting down on one knee.

What on earth is he doing? We kept eye contact until he was all the way on the ground.

Realization hit me in a crash. He was proposing. My breath quickened and my heart neared a stop.

He was proposing.

"Blake Daniels.... Will you marry me?" His voice came out nervous and scratchy but strong with an undertone of confidence.

All at once, my world stopped. I could no longer feel the rain falling on my skin, I could no longer taste the hint of salmon left on my tongue from dinner, I could no longer smell the grass and trees.

And I could no longer see Micah down on one knee.

I was running too fast.

Why was I running? I did not know... Do I want to say yes?

Why am I running? He's my everything. I love him. I want him in my life forever, of course.

Then why can't I breathe? Why were my lungs burning? Why were my eyes leaking? Why did my cheeks hurt?

Suddenly, my legs were no longer pumping and I was no longer outside. Confused, I took in my surroundings. I was outside of Amethyst's room.

Why did I come here? My brain hadn't quite caught up with me because before I knew it and without my saying so, I walked into her room.

Her and Trevor were making out on the couch but for some reason, the embarrassment never came. All I felt was.... nothing.

What was this feeling? How did I even get here? Was Micah okay..?

Micah...

I blinked and realized, Trevor was gone and the room was dark. Am had taken me to her room, the only source of light being her turtle night light.