Chapter TWENTY-FOUR

Micah's POV

Hand in hand, we walked over to where Flin, Ness and I set up the date. I enjoyed the shocks that traveled up and down my arm, caused by his soft hand in my callused one.

Happiness welled in my chest, and I couldn't help the huge smile on my face with the anticipation clouding the air.

His eyes blew up wide at the sight. My smile grew twice in size.

"You did this?" He asked, his voice soft and airy, voice filled with adoration and disbelief.

If possible, my smile grew wider. I dipped my head to kiss his cheek and, keeping my voice hushed, I asked,

"Do you like it?" My breath fanned his face and he gulped, eyes wide and face growing hot. I could only imagine what was going on in his mind at the moment.

"It's... Micah I can't believe this. It's... breathtakingly gorgeous. I love it." He turned to me and the smile on his face made it all worth it. I'd do it a hundred times over just to see his smile. It lit up my whole world.

Not being able to help myself, I reached down to caress his cheek and give him a soft kiss, a 'this is all for you' kiss.

An 'I love you' kiss.

He beamed at me, his face bright with excitement as he grabbed my hand and led me towards the chairs.

"Let's enjoy it then." His smile was softer but still held the same happiness. His eyes shone bright enough to light up the world.

After everything he's been through, he can still smile and that makes me find joy in this buzz kill of a planet. Gives me faith for something greater. Something worth fighting for.

Sitting down across from him, he quickly dug into his food with a different kind of excitement glowing on his face that made me laugh.

The scenery was beautiful, but I couldn't bring myself to look away from him. He was the only view I needed. I sat there, hadn't even touched my food, too busy memorizing his face. The tip of his nose was covered in soft freckles you'd miss if you weren't looking close enough, it was adorable. His eyes were such a bright green to the dull hazel I had once grown accustomed to. His face was so... soft. Like touching a cloud. His hair, still a mess from earlier, looks like a mop on his head but equally soft. I wanted to run my fingers through it for the rest of our lives.

His cheeks grew pink, and I smirked, knowing I had been caught staring at his gorgeous face.

"Can I take a picture?" I asked, my smirk growing. He blushed and swallowed the food he was still chewing, his face growing pinker as he nodded slowly, not meeting my eyes.

I pulled my phone out and opened the camera app, quickly snapping a picture, mesmerized by the details on his perfect face. I took several and by the 7th, he got even more flushed than before. His face was redder than a strawberry.

I took a few more, all of them perfect. The last one I took, however, was my favorite.

A raindrop had fallen on his nose and his whole face scrunched up in confusion and curiosity, eyes going slightly crossed to see what had landed on him.

It wasn't until after I stopped admiring the picture that I felt the rain, instantly frowning. It was going to ruin our date...

But upon hearing his laughter and looking up to see a wide smile, I knew the rain was only improving the light, happy mood. His face lit up as he stood from his chair, his suit wrinkled. He held his hands out to feel the rain and looked up, his eyes squinting from the rain and the smile overtaking his face.

He looked at me and I wanted to freeze time right there. This was the perfect moment.

Slowly and without breaking eye contact, I got down on one knee.

At first, he looked utterly confused, but slowly, his eyes grew wide in realization.

"Blake Daniels.... Will you marry me?"

His face grew pale, and his eyes glazed over before he turned on his heals and ran the other way.

*** Short chapter, I know. BUT! This is the second to last chapter. After I post this, the next chapter is the end.

Bam.

Done. And honestly, what's a chapter by me without a cliff hanger? Especially a chapter as important as this one? Like honestly guys, its me we're talking about.

This is also a double update in honor of 3 THOUSAND reads!!! Thank you guys so much! You have no idea how much that means to me.

Click that star to show the world you shine! Till next time!

~Ms.Witch

Revised- October 9th, 2023