Chapter FOURTEEN

Micah's POV*

I looked to Blake for confirmation of the girls statement.

His dropped jaw and bugged eyes was enough confirmation for me.

"Uh... where are you?" I asked,

"I'm from Blake's old pack, so... the pack house..." She sounded hesitant to tell me and I could practically see her chewing her nails off and wincing.

I looked to Blake again, except this time he seemed more composed.

He was on the bed, on his knees, giving me a pouty face and doe eyes with his hands clasped in front of him.

I laughed at the sight, feeling the happiness bubble in my chest for the first time in a long time. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek before replying to the girl,

"We're on our way."

I ended the call and Blake started jumping on the bed in excitement, a gleeful look on his face.

I laughed at him once again before scooping his small frame in my arms easily and kissing him on the lips.

Immediately, I was taken into a state of bliss. Shortly after, he somehow wove his hands through my hair and tugged lightly, causing a mangled moan to escape before Blake flinched and pulled away.

"Fuck..." I started, breathless, "I'm sorry." I placed my forehead on his and looked into his eyes, letting him read every emotion coursing through me.

"You aren't him." He said, before kissing me again, feverishly.

This time, I was the one to pull away, remembering the girl from the phone call.

Putting him down, I smirked,

"Let's go get your friend."

**

The entire car ride was silent, but not that awkward suffocating silence that everyone dreads...

No, it was the kind of silence where no words were needed as we just enjoyed each other's presence. The rare kind of silence most people didn't get to experience much. It was comfortable.

My favorite kind of silence.

Finally pulling into the driveway, a girl with wild hair and curious big eyes waited for us at the doors.

Blake and I swiftly ignored the gloom that hung over the territory. Other than the tense atmosphere, they had cleaned the place up nice. We both decided to ignore the few dried spots of blood scattered around.

I stayed in the car as Blake got out to greet his friend.

Giving her a hug, which visibly surprised her, and whispering something in her ear that clearly caused some emotion to well in her as her eyes started to leak.

She kissed him on the cheek before they both walked to the car once again, hand in hand.

I didn't let the possessiveness inside of me flare too high, but it was definitely growing, in need of proving itself.