Chapter SEVENTEEN

Dedicated to @LTW1000

Amethyst's POV*

"Oh. My. Gosh!!" I screamed, my jaw dropping.

"That is my FAVORITE COLOR! It looks so good on you!" A bright smile spread across my lips as I fawned over Lily's green nail color.

With a chuckle from her, I couldn't help but notice how her eyes were the same shade as mine.

"Thank you, Micah suggested the color not too long ago. He swears up and down he had nothing to do with it though." With another chuckle and a motherly hand that I've longed to feel on my wrist, she started to lead me down a long hallway.

"Speaking of him, he doesn't usually sleep in this long..." She trailed off and I could easily sense the worried vibe she was radiating. Her eyebrows creasing and her grip slightly tightening as she started walking faster, evoking a sense of dread in my stomach.

Once at the end of the hallway she knocked.

Once.

Twice.

Once more.

No response....

Glancing at me worriedly, she pushed the door open, a loud gasp filling the thick silence.

"Micah! What the heck happened?!" Letting go of my wrist, she ran to Micahs side, who lay limp with his leg bleeding.

Without a response from Micah, she placed two fingers on his neck, checking his pulse and pausing all movement.

Even I held my breath and waited until I saw Lily's shoulders sag and a relieved smile took over her face as her eyes closed and she called for help through the mind link.

"Am, come here, I need your help." Lily called, using one hand to put pressure on the wound and the other to beckon me over.

Rushing over from my frozen state at the door, I dropped down to my knees and put my hands in place of hers, applying pressure as she took his belt off and wrapped it around the top of his wound.

"W-what now?" I asked, my voice shaking as much as my body.

She laughed, glancing towards the sunbeams spilling into the room before she said,

"We replace that damn window, again."

****

"So, since you joined the pack, it's required that you take a blood test and get all of your biological information along with follow up questions, so we know you aren't a threat to the pack. No hard feelings, it's just something Micah insists on."

At the sound of Lily's voice, I tore my gaze away from Micahs sleeping form and looked at her.

I nodded, and she gave me a comforting smile.

"Just sit here then." She pointed to a chair and patted it in what I assume to be a motion of comfort.

Nodding more to myself than to her, I slowly got up on still wobbly legs and walked over and plopped myself down on the chair. Holding my arm out for her to take the blood.