Chapter THIRTEEN

Blake's POV*

I grabbed fistfuls of my hair as I paced the room, choosing to attempt maintaining whatever sanity I have left and ignoring Dave's limp body slumped in his chair, offering a glare to the man behind bars in front of me.

"Who the fuck are you?" I spit at him, my anger and confusion mingled in my tone.

"I-I'm Callin McFloy, y-you were in Alp-" He paused and looked over to a limp and ... dead... Dave, "Beta... Dave's pack with me... I-I'm the one that pulled the slut off of you." His voice held none of the confidence it had once before.

"That was you?" He nodded.

Without another word to the boy, I left.

Micah jumped up immediately after the door opened, causing me to flinch, hoping he didn't notice.

"What's wrong?" Micah moved closer to me and held a hand out for me to take.

I internally flinched at his disappointed and sad face when all I do could do was stare at his hand, confusion clouding my eyes and judgement.

I decided to speak,

"T-that boy..."

Fuck don't stutter... You're stronger than that now.

Even as the thought lingered in my mind, my knees had other ideas, as they gave away and I hiccupped on a sob.

"Callin?" He asked, a hesitant silver lining to his words but I could tell he was worried when he slowly crouched down to be more level with me, his body tense.

I didn't respond, all I could do was nod, my body and emotions going numb.

Glancing up at him, I almost wanted to let out a bitter laugh. Even with his crouching down to me, he was still so much taller.

My vision became blurry.

What am I to do? Callin is my mate but so is Micah... What the fuck does a person do in this position?

The tears escaped my eyes, I sat and prayed they had gone unnoticed by Micah when I chose to speak again.

"He's my mate." After the words, I needed to see Micahs reaction, so despite not wanting him to see the tear stains on my face, I glanced at him.

His heart broke.

My body flinched and my face scrunched up in internal pain.

I broke his heart.

H-he's supposed to be unbreakable.

The tears started flowing faster and my body started to shake as I wracked my brain.

My heart thumped painfully in my chest when Micah spoke, disbelief and pain evident in his voice.

"He... he what?" He fell back onto his butt, leaning his arms behind him for support as tears fell out of his eyes and down his cheeks in waves that broke my heart.

The confusion and pain on his face made me want to reach out to him, to show him what I was too scared to say.

That I loved him.