- Remember death

Satellites, planes, radar, ships, radio telecommunications

Multiple countries, millions of dollars, military power

None of the above has been able to locate the missing malaysian airlines plane that went "missing" - or so we're being told. Perhaps we won't know until yawm al qiyaamah what the truth truly is; but one thing is for certain - Allah is not forgetful.

May Allah have mercy on the brothers and sisters who are thought to have died in the suspected crash into the ocean.

It is also a reminder for those of us who are living that death can come at any time. Each of those people had dreams, aspirations and desires that they wanted to fulfil; they had plans for how they saw their lives in the future. Yet death brings a bitter cup, breaking the bond between body and soul, taking the slave from this life to the next.

Oh my brother, for how long will you chase this life?

Don't you know that you too, are being chased?

O slave of Allah! Until when will you remain asleep?

Death makes the vision sharp and the reality cannot be blurred.

O you who believe; rush to do good deeds while your limbs can still carry you

Tomorrow, you too will be carried

As for your resting place; either a garden from Jannah or a pit from the fire

For the oppressors, the situation will be dire.

Worship Allah alone and do not innovate

No shirk, no bid'ah - both we must hate.

Stick to tawheed and worship your lord

For this, there is an eternal reward.