||Do You Want Jannah?||

Sh. Omar Suleiman provides us an easy 3-step process to attain Jannah (Paradise).
اللهم ادخلني جنة الفردوس - Allahuma adkhilni Jannat-il-Firdous - Oh Allah! Grant me Jannah Al-Firdous
Do you want Paradise?

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Quran Weekly this is your brother Omar Suleiman.

A lot of times when we talk about Jannah one of the issues that we have is that we really don't work for it. Working for it is actually the last thing that you should be doing. The first thing that you should be doing is wanting it. And if I really ask you 'do you really want Jannah?', obviously everyone wants Jannah but how bad do you want it? And SubhanAllah sometimes wanting it is enough to take you to the next level. The Prophet (SAWS) once for example was telling the companions about an elite group on the day of judgment who will enter Jannah without any form of عذاب without any form of حساب - no accountability, no questions asked, no punishment whatsoever and one of the companions that was sitting there by the name of 'Ukaasha radiyaAllahu ta'ala 'anhu, he immediately jumped up and said, 'يا رسول الله إدع الله أن 'أكون منهم, 'Oh Messenger of Allah make dua that I am one of them'. So the Prophet (SAWS) said to him, 'أنت منهم' you are one of them. Then another companion said 'oh wait, so this is what it's all about'? So another sahabi jumped up and he said 'Ya Rasool Allah me too'. He said, 'سبقك بها عكاشة', 'Ukaasha beat you to it.' So sometimes just wanting Jannah, really thinking about it; how much do you want Jannah, how much do you want the pleasure of Allah سبحانه وتعالى?

So we're going to go through a three step program inshAllah to attain Jannah. It's called want, ask, act. You want it. And then you ask for it.

Now someone might say, 'what good does it mean to ask for it? What's that going to do?' There's a very beautiful hadith. If there is one thing I want you to apply from this video it is this one, inshAllah. There is one very beautiful hadith narrated in سنن الترمذي Sunan Al-Tirmidhi and also مسند الإمام أحمد Musnad Al-Imam Ahmad with an authentic chain from أنس إبن مالك رضي الله عنه Anas ibn Malik that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, 'من سأل الله الجنة ثلاث مرات' 'whoever asks Allah for Jannah three times not only does Allah answer the dua, RasoolAllah صلى الله عليه وسلم says 'Jannah actually talks. Jannah speaks.' قالت الجنة 'اللهم أدخله الجنة' Jannah itself makes du'aa to Allah, 'oh Allah enter him into Paradise.' And the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, 'ومن سأل الله' and 'whoever asks Allah سبحانه وتعالى' protection from HellFire, 'العتق من النار وفي رواية الإجارة من النار' 'to be protected and guarded from Hellfire', Hellfire makes du'aa to Allah سبحانه وتعالى, 'اللهم أجره من النار' 'oh Allah protect him from the fire'. SubhanAllah, asking three times. If you can just incorporate this one thing into your life. If you want Jannah why don't you just say so?

'اللهم أدخلنا جنة الفردوس' 'Oh Allah enter us into Jannah-tul-Firdaous', because the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said don't just ask for Jannah, ask for the highest level which is in his companionship, inshAllah in the highest level of Paradise with the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم. So you make du'aa three times. Look how easy it is.

اللهم أدخلني جنة الفردوس - Allahuma adkhilni Jannat-il-Firdous - Oh Allah! Grant me Jannah Al-Firdous

Oh Allah grant me Paradise. You ask it three times. If you just did that Paradise just made du'aa for you and do the same for Hellfire and Hellfire will make dua for you to not enter it.

So we have want, ask, act. RasoolAllah صلى الله عليه وسلم said,

'كل أمتي يدخلون الجنة إلا من أبى' 'every single person will enter paradise except for the one who refuses.' Can you imagine that? Everyone will enter paradise except for the one who refuses. SubhanAllah. So the sahabi said, "يا رسول الله Oh Prophet of Allah, how could we possibly refuse Jannah?" The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said "by obeying him صلى الله عليه وسلم and following his sunnah you are on the path to Jannah, by disobeying the prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and neglecting the sunnah you are refusing to enter Jannah because Allah gave you the path, Allah gave you the guide." You don't have to sit there and wonder, 'how do I get there? What stock do I invest in? How do I do this? How do I do that?' Every single business venture in this life has a risk to it. Jannah has no risk. You follow the prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم you're in. Its فطرة to go home. You're from there anyway. You're in.

So just three steps. Repeat them with me. Want it, ask for it, act for it. We ask Allah سبحانه وتعالى to grant us Jannah الفردوس Al-Firdaous and protect us from the hellfire

اللهم آمين

وجزاكم الله خيراً

والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله