Chapter 8.5: Lies - Love can be awful

"What's up? You've been busy for a couple of week you've forgotten about me" Gary said as he saw me having coffee the next day.

"Yah. Very busy. How are you?" I asked

"Still single"

"Cass birthday is coming"

"What are you planning to give her?"

"No idea at all"

"It's hard looking for birthday gift for a girlfriend"

"Yup. Agreed." I looked at Gary. Should I tell him about Olivia?

"What?" he asked.

"Have you ever fell in love with someone when you're already with someone?" I asked

"Happens all the time. Why?" he looked at me. "Don't tell me you've fallen in love with me again?"

I raised my eyebrows.

"Shit! You're in love with someone else!" he figured out "Who is it? It's not Clea isn't it?"

"No. It's someone else. Speaking of her, did you ever talk to her?"

"Nah. She's obsessed with your girlfriend. Don't change the topic, who is it? Come on, tell me."

"Her name is Olivia. She's my boss' daughter and now my new boss. Speaking of that" I looked at my watch "She's starting today, I need to go." I said and stand up "One more thing, you should admit you're feelings for Clea because she's really getting in my nerve when she's flirting with my girlfriend."

"And how will I do that?"

"You should know you're good at that" I said as I get on to my car.

"Good morning" I smiled as Olivia arrived at the office.

She snob me, I followed her at the conference room where Mr. Higel and the rest of the board was there.

"Good morning" she smiled as she greeted everyone.

"Olivia right?" Mr. Higel said

"Yes" she answered "You must be Mr. Francisco Higel. It's nice to meet you" she said

I pulled out a chair for her to seat and afterwards took my seat.

"We are very honored to meet you." said one of the directors.

"So, shall we begin discussing the status of the company?" she asked. That's my queue. I stand up, turn of the lights and opened the projector.

"I'll be discussing about the financial situation of the company and other relative matter for you to understand Ms. Michaels." I started. "As you can see in the slide is the demographics of the company expenses and income for the past 6 months and as you can see, the company is in strongholds."

Everyone claps their hand except Olivia.

"We have seven big clients, including RCGem Company, Cranvolia Corporation and Tranders Co. For the next few months, we're aiming for another three large companies including Sarpan Telecoms. If we could close a deal with this one, the company will be strong financially for another seven years, and to be able to do that we're aiming to double the workforce and hire competitive programmers." I clicked for another slide. "In this slide, you can see the number of employees and their experiences. 89% of our employees are competitive and remaining 11% where not that productive."

"I guess you belong to that 11%" Olivia commented

"Excuse me?" I asked as I looked at her.

"Do you think you'll be productive if half of the week, you're on another job?" she said